Recently, Reddit user Kriss0509 asked teachers to share the weirdest "fun fact" a student has shared with the class, and their responses were hilarious, cringeworthy, and so, so TMI:
1. "One of my college freshmen's fun fact was that she's a public pooper."
2. "I had a student share that sometimes his dad got drunk and asked his mom for 'things.' Just as I was starting to tell him not to elaborate any further, he said, 'Like soup! And he yells it like 'Sooooooooooooooup!'"
"It's been years and years, but I still laugh when I think about it."
3. "A kid in my kindergarten class shared, 'My peepee fell off at Disneyland!' I didn't ask any follow-up questions."
4. "One of my middle-schoolers' fun facts was that his mom and dad have the same parents. When I asked him to clarify, he said, 'I only have one set of grandparents because my parents have the same parents.'"
5. "A guy named Shane in my class has a medical condition that causes him to grow tons of hair at an early age — he had a full beard in middle school! So his fun fact was always, 'I'm Shane, and I'm very hairy.'"
6. "A student once told my wife that her daddy had a special device that he had to blow into to start his truck."
7. "I'm a coach, and I asked my 12-year-olds to share something that had changed about themselves over the past year. One boy stood up and simply said, 'Pubes.'"
8. "One of my students' fun fact was that they've had their hand up a sheep's bum."
"Then they explained they were in a farming family, helping with lambing season."
10. "I taught a first-aid course, and one of my students' fun fact was that he had over $300,000 in unpaid parking tickets."
11. "I don't ask for a fun fact — instead, on the first day I always ask, 'What's your most recent obsession?' My first semester, a student said, 'air.' As in oxygen."
13. "I work with preschoolers, and I asked the kids to go around and tell us one thing that made them special. Most were pretty typical, until one little girl looked me dead in the eyes and said, 'I have been around forever. I have seen the whole world and I know everything.' She was dead serious."
14. "One of my students' fun fact was that he'd been to juvie multiple times and was currently on probation. Then he pulled up his pants so everyone could see his ankle monitor!"
16. "We were going around a circle in percussion camp introducing ourselves, and our teacher said, 'Hello everyone, my name is so-and-so and I have shit my pants as an adult.'"
17. "One of my dad's students' fun fact was that his goldfish died that morning and he experimented on their corpses. He even had pictures on his phone of the removed skin and intact skeleton. He's a successful taxidermist now though, so silver linings, I guess!"
19. "I was teaching fifth grade, and this kid — who was as white as paper — said, 'My name is so-and-so, but you can call me LeBron.' He was obsessed with LeBron James."
20. "One of my elementary school kids said that he was born a dragon and became a human as he got older."
21. "I asked my 5-year-olds how they were feeling this morning, and one of them said, 'My dad clogged the toilet this morning, so I'm feeling frustrated.'"
22. "A guy in my class introduced himself by saying he decided he wanted to study philosophy when he was high and peeing in the street one day, and he saw a few people working and wondered what they were doing. That's when he realized his passion was wondering."
23. "When I was in high school, I shared that I set my balls on fire and swing them around for people's entertainment. I got kicked out of class, even though the rest of my class confirmed it was true."
What about you? Have your students ever shared a "fun fact" about themselves that was random, cringeworthy, or a hilarious TMI? Tell us about it in the comments section, and you could be featured in an upcoming BuzzFeed Community post!
Some responses have been edited for length and clarity.