17 Parents Who Learned Things About Their Kids During Quarantine They Were NOT Ready For
"I learned that whenever my 6-year-old goes to the bathroom, he says, 'Penis power!' in a low, raspy voice."
1. "I learned that when my 6-year-old goes to the bathroom, he says 'Penis power!' in a low, raspy voice."
2. "My 10-year-old speaks in a deeper voice when he's talking to his classmates. I'd never heard this voice before, until he was in a class Zoom session!"
3. "I learned that my preschool-age daughter swears to herself when she gets frustrated and thinks no one is listening.
"I haven't said anything because obviously she knows not to do it in front of people, LOL."
4. "I bought my son a microscope for science class — and I learned that the first thing he magnified was his 'tiny swimmers.'"
5. "I found out my 6-year-old didn't think bats were real. He thought they were made up, like fairies and dragons!
"Even when we took him outside to watch some fly over our garden and he was fascinated and cheering them on, he insisted they weren't bats because bats 'aren't real.' So what did he think we spent an hour watching? 'Fast birds.'"
6. "I discovered that my teenage son mixes WATER into his eggs before scrambling them. I was hollering!"
7. "I learned that my 4-year-old cousin — who I'm babysitting because his parents are essential workers — sings 'Jingle Bells' every time he urinates. Every time."
8. "My brother is an essential worker, so I've been taking care of my nephew. Well, I found out that he is a little exercise guru! He stops periodically while doing his homework to do situps, pushups, and jumping jacks!"
9. "For some reason, my 7-year-old son has to find wherever the dog is chilling in the house and make sure he's in the background of all of his Zoom meetings and homework photos."
10. "I've learned all the things my kids think their farts smell like. So that's neat."
11. "I've learned that apparently my son loves watching Dr. Phil. He says the episodes with the out-of-control kids are the best."
12. "Last night, I witnessed my 5-year-old sneak downstairs, rip open a pack of fruit snacks, shove them all in his mouth, then just go back to bed.
"I wasn't even mad!"
13. "I discovered that the number of days my boys will go without a shower is infinite, and that no matter how bad it is, they seem to be immune to their — and each other's — bodily odors."
14. "I learned that whenever my little brother gets bored, he'll just start following someone around. If you ask him to stop, he does — but then he immediately starts following you again two minutes later!"
15. "My teenagers don't like hot chocolate — you know — hot. They drink it freezing cold! I learned this when my daughter gave me 'hot chocolate' during a Zoom meeting."
16. "I've learned that my 4-year-old likes to repeat everything. He repeats one-liners from his friends, he repeats commercials word for word, he even repeats swear words! My bad."
17. "All day, my 4-year-old son kept saying he didn't feel good. So at bedtime, I asked him how he was feeling, and he said, 'Ugh! Like I'm 63!'"
What about you? Have you learned anything hilarious or weird about your kiddos since quarantining with them? If so, tell us about it in the comments below, and you could be featured in a future BuzzFeed Community post!
Some responses have been edited for length and/or clarity.