23 Wildly Inappropriate Things People Said To Pregnant Women That Should've Never Left Their Lips
"My partner looked at my stretch marks and said, 'It looks like you got into a fight with a bear and lost.'"
1. "My stepson looked at me and said, 'Studies show that a guy getting kicked in the nuts is worse than childbirth.'"
2. "Six months into my first pregnancy, I told my husband's aunt that my back hurt and I still had morning sickness, and his uncle looked me dead in the eye and said, 'Maybe next time you'll swallow!'"
3. "I work for an OB-GYN, and once an old woman said to a patient, 'You must be having a girl because you are HIDEOUS!'"
4. "Someone actually asked me if my vagina was shaved."
5. "I was eight months pregnant and working in retail when a gentleman approached me, put his hand on my bump, and said, 'Thank you so much for keeping it.'"
"Even though I'm young, I'm married, and our baby was very planned."
—Leslie Bottoms Mallak, Facebook
6. "My partner looked at my stretch marks and said, 'It looks like you got into a fight with a bear and lost.'"
7. "A guy once catcalled my wife, and when she turned around and he saw she was pregnant, he said, 'Well, I guess it's safe to say you put out.'"
8. "I'm eight months pregnant and said, 'Look, my belly is all baby!' and my partner said, 'Yeah...baby and cake.'"
9. "I was talking about morning sickness with someone at work and I mentioned that I hadn't had any yet. Well, that person responded, 'My sister's doctor said morning sickness is a good sign. Since you haven't had it, your baby will probably be deformed.'"
10. "My mother was pregnant at the same time as a lot of other women at her company. Well, she told her boss the exciting news and joked, 'We might have to open up a daycare!' And he replied, 'More like an abortion clinic.'"
11. "My favorite was when a customer came into my store, saw that I was pregnant, and said, 'I hope you're married.'"
12. "I'm currently pregnant with my second daughter, and I've lost track of the number of people who've said, 'What a shame — but you can always try for a boy next time!' or 'Your husband must be disappointed!' Um, he's actually over the moon that our baby is healthy."
13. "Someone asked my boyfriend in front of me if my vagina felt different during pregnancy sex."
14. "A customer offered to help me deliver my baby if I went into labor at work. I didn't know if I should be thankful or freaked out that some strange man offered his 'services.'"
—Karrington Bostick, Facebook
15. "I hadn't been able to see well enough to shave in about a month, and my partner said, 'You've got a jungle down there.'"
16. "My husband was constantly saying, 'WE are pregnant. It's not just YOU going through this.' Actually, husband, physically it's ALL me."
17. "When my wife was pregnant, an ex-colleague of mine told us she really liked to hug pregnant women from behind, stroke their bump, and pretend it was hers."
18. "Someone asked me exactly how we conceived twins, since they don't run in either of our families. They said we must have done IVF. So I replied, 'Nope, we had sex. A lot.'"
19. "My father-in-law said, 'I had kidney stones, so I know what labor feels like.' Bye, bitch."
20. "Some guy told me that no man would ever take a second look at me again after this. I was a week away from my due date and already feeling like shit."
—Maria Gillard, Facebook
21. "My boobs grew from a 32C to a 34EE during my pregnancy, and someone at work said, 'I bet your hubby loves your boobs now!' As if there was something wrong with my boobs before."
22. "I’ve been asked four times where I conceived. I'm like, 'How in-depth do you really want that answer?'"
23. "When I was five months pregnant, my husband said, 'You don't even look pregnant — you just look like a girl with a beer gut.' So I poked him in his belly and responded, 'Like this?'"
Some responses have been edited for length and clarity.