19 Pregnant Women Share The Most Inappropriate Things People Have Ever Said To Them
"A customer came into my store, saw that I was pregnant, and said, 'I hope you're married.'"
A viral Reddit thread recently asked people, "What has been the most inappropriate things people have asked you about your pregnancy?"
Here are the most wildly inappropriate, totally weird, and unbelievably WTF responses:
1. "I was asked several times what sex position I conceived in. Someone even asked me that in front of my mother!"
3. "I was talking about morning sickness with someone at work and I mentioned that I hadn't had any yet. Well, that person said, 'My sister's doctor said morning sickness is a good sign. Since you haven't had it, your baby will probably be deformed.'"
4. "My favorite was when a customer came into my store, saw that I was pregnant, and said, 'I hope you're married.'"
5. "When my wife was pregnant, an ex-colleague of mine told us she really liked to hug pregnant women from behind, stroke their bump, and pretend it was hers."
6. "A guy once catcalled my wife, and when she turned around and he saw she was pregnant, he said, 'Well, I guess it's safe to say you put out.'"
7. "Someone looked me up and down while I was pregnant and said, 'Oh, it all went to your thighs, didn't it?'"
8. "Towards the end of my pregnancy, my male boss asked me exactly how dilated I was. Please don't ask a woman how many centimeters her vagina has stretched since the last time you saw her."
9. "I work for an OB-GYN, and an old woman said to one of the patients, 'You must be having a girl because you are HIDEOUS!'"
10. "Someone asked my boyfriend in front of me if my vagina felt different during pregnancy sex."
11. "A maternal fetal specialist — who I'd just met — told me to get an IUD after my baby is born instead of tying my tubes because when I get divorced, I'll want to be able to have babies with my new man. I said, 'God forbid, but I suppose something could happen to my husband.' And he replied, 'Divorce is more likely.'"
12. "One of my coworkers took one glance at me and said, 'You couldn't possibly get any bigger!' I was only 6 months along."
13. "My boobs grew from a 32C to a 34EE during my pregnancy, and someone at work said, 'I bet your hubby loves your boobs now!' As if there was something wrong with my boobs before."
14. "Someone asked me exactly how we conceived twins, since they don't run in either of our families. They said we must have done IVF. So I replied, 'Nope, we had sex. A lot."
15. "I told a coworker I was pregnant, and he said, 'Great — just what we need! Another woman in your department going out on maternity leave!'"
16. "I was at swimming lessons when a guy asked me whether the baby I was carrying was by the same father as my other children. Umm, how is that any of your business?!"
17. "I’ve been asked four times where I conceived. I'm like, 'How in depth do you really want that answer?'"
18. "I was 8 months pregnant and wearing an old T-shirt that said, 'Today is a good day to leave me alone.' An old woman approached me and said that I shouldn't wear that shirt in my 'condition' because it would discourage people from asking to touch my belly."
19. "One night, I told my pregnant wife she was looking rather plump. Do not recommend."
Some responses have been edited for length and/or clarity.