We asked parents in the BuzzFeed Community to tell us the moment they knew they were ready for another kid, and the responses were totally relatable and real:
1. "Our daughter was 3 years old, and I saw my husband hold our friend's baby and got instant baby fever."
2. "When I started to miss all of those 'baby things' as my daughter grew — the babbles, the toothless smiles, the fat rolls, and the chunky thighs."
3. "When my first kid set up a full-on tea party outside of my bathroom door while I was showering because I was her only playmate, we knew it was time for a friend."
4. "When we were on vacation and had too much wine. Cue the drunken ramblings of, 'You're cute, I'm cute, our baby is cute, and we're so damn good at making babies.'"
5. "I knew I was ready for my second while I was still on the delivery table with my first. I blame the hormones."
6. "We had been going back and forth about having another child, but when I tried to refill my birth control, I discovered that my prescription had expired and that my doctor was out of the country. I took it as a sign."
7. "When my grandmother was diagnosed with Alzheimer's, and my mom and her siblings rallied around each other, I realized I didn't ever want my child to go through something like that alone."
8. "When my 8-year-old became 'too cool' to love me."