We asked members of the BuzzFeed Community to tell us the funniest thing their kid has ever gotten upset over and the responses prove that kids are adorable, hilarious, and irrational as hell:
1. "My 3-year-old daughter once had a meltdown because I wouldn't let her shove a tampon in her nose."
2. "My kid threw a screaming tantrum when I wouldn't let her lick the raw meat I was defrosting."
3. "My son once woke up crying because paper towels are rectangular-shaped and not triangular. I had to fold a paper towel into a triangle for him to go back to sleep."
4. "Because I told my 3-year-old not to wipe his nose with a piece of bread then eat it afterwards."
5. "I bought this adorable princess potty that played music and clapping noises when the sensor got wet. The first time my daughter peed on the potty she started shrieking because she thought the music was coming out of her butt!"
6. "My kid cried super hard because the moon was in the sky during the day. He begged me to put it away."
7. "My 6-year-old stepson loves cheese pizza. Once, the pizza restaurant accidentally put pepperoni on the pizza they delivered, and my stepson cried and cried. Then he suddenly stopped, glared at the pizza, and said, 'Pepperoni pissing me off,' then went right back to crying."
8. "My 2-year-old had a sobbing meltdown because her brother had bird poop on his window and she didn't."
9. "My 3-year-old was devastated when he found out all of the other reindeer used to laugh and call Rudolph names."
10. "She wasn't in our wedding album."
11. "My 4-year-old son recently threw a long tantrum because I opened his granola bar for him. He demanded that I TAPE IT BACK UP for him to open himself."
12. "He got offended that his ice cream was too cold."
13. "When I'm eating something my 1-year-old son wants, he walks over and opens his mouth for a bite. When I offer it to him, he runs away crying and falls to the ground kicking and screaming. Then he comes back asking for a bite again, and the process repeats."
14. "My 4-year-old daughter absolutely lost it because I couldn't take her skin off. HER SKIN."
15. "My daughter was yelling and in tears because of how much it'll hurt to have a baby one day. She was six."
16. "When my daughter was four, she spent a couple weeks really angry with me that I didn't name her 'Russell.'"
17. "My 6-year-old son threw a fit because we wouldn't let him go out and play on the roof."
18. "My daughter had a tantrum in the car because her sister was looking out 'her' window."
19. "On our way to the store to buy jelly for my daughter's sandwich, I started singing the chorus to Destiny's Child's 'Bootylicious' — 'I don't think you're ready for this jelly' — and my daughter started sobbing and said, "Mommy, I'm ready for the jelly!"
20. "Because she couldn't be inside the Finding Dory movie."
21. "My 3-year-old was upset that the toilet could see her butt."
22. "My daughter bawled because I ate the doughnut I'd offered her — which she turned down. But apparently watching me eat her rejects was upsetting!"
23. "My daughter sulked all afternoon because we saw geese on the way home, and they weren't flamingos!"
24. "My daughter Ada started crying because her name has fewer letters than everyone else in her class."
25. "My son cried today because we wouldn't let him chase a stray Cheeto that was blowing across the parking lot."
26. "My 3-year-old throws fits if you don't sing along to the Finger Family song."
27. "When my oldest was about two, he cried on more than one occasion because the bottoms of his legs had bumps. The bumps were his ankles."
Some responses have been edited for length and clarity.