We asked members of the BuzzFeed Community to tell us about their kid who acts more like a grown-up and the responses proved there are definitely some kids out there who could out "adult" you any day:
1. "We were at a restaurant when my 8-year-old daughter told the parents of the misbehaving children sitting behind us, 'Please control your children. We are trying to have a nice meal.'"
2. "When I asked my daughter why she doesn't sit next to anyone on the bus in the morning, she replied, 'Well, I'm not really a morning person, and I don't want to have to pretend to laugh at anyone's jokes.' She's five."
3. "My 5-year-old insists on getting manicures every two weeks — and lord help us if she chips a nail!"
4. "We were sitting around the dinner table when my 2-year-old nephew asked, 'So, how was everyone's day?'"
5. "My 6-year-old daughter constantly complains about one of the kids in her class who annoys her. One day, when I asked how that kid was doing, my daughter replied, 'Girl bye!'"
6. "My 7-year-old keeps encouraging me to check my 'credit karma.'"
7. "I work nights, so I'm completely exhausted when taking care of my kids in the morning. Once, my 4-year-old grabbed my face and said in all seriousness, 'Mom, go to bed. I've got this.'"
8. "I took my 2-year-old nephew to a children's park, and instead of going for the slide like everyone else, he stood in the entrance ushering the other kids and scolding anybody who cut in line."
9. "My 5-year-old requests a receipt from the taxi driver every time and keeps the receipts in her planner."
10. "When my 3-year-old is ready for bed, she says, 'Well, I'm turning in. Ny-night!' The first time she said it, I laughed so hard I almost peed myself."
11. "At restaurants, my 7-year-old prefers to drink her apple juice out of a wine glass."
12. "I was driving with my 7-year-old daughter and we passed an area where some city workers were doing landscaping. My daughter rolled down her window to say something to them, and I told her not to yell at strangers. She looked at me and said, 'What? He looked like a good man. I'd like to shake his hand.'"
13. "My 7-year-old loves a bath bomb in his bath. He even saves them for Saturday nights, so he can just relax and enjoy."
14. "My dad says that when he took me to preschool, instead of playing with the other kids, I sat down on the rug and made a grocery list for him."
15. "My husband and I were in the process of getting a divorce, and I was feeling depressed and scared. One day, my 9-year-old said, 'We'll be OK. It's getting to OK that's hard.' Smartest thing anyone ever said to me."
16. "I'm a sommelier at a fine restaurant, so my 3-year-old is a bit extra. He refuses to eat candy or cake, and would rather have red snapper in butter sauce with a side of steamed carrots any day."
17. "Once I asked my 8-year-old how her day went, and she told me it wasn't that great. When I asked why, she simply said, 'People.'"
Some responses have been edited for clarity and length.