1. I never knew there was a difference between a turtle and a tortoise
As in this case (checks reference manual) it’s a…(checks again)…a..(one more time to be sure)..it’s a tortoise, because it has a dome shell. And here is my reference manual. Which I found months ago because of Turtlefeed. Tortoise vs Turtle
2. I have a reason to look for Ninja Turtle pictures
Turtlefeed has posted everything I send that I find. Which reminds me, I owe Turtlefeed some posting material.
3. I know more about what turtles eat and how they live
I really thought turtles just eat grass and occasional bugs. Strawberries? Really?? Not to mention all the other things that turtles do that I had no idea about.
4. Believe it or not Turtlefeed knows comic books
If I ever need reference about comic books or the comic book industry, I can check Wikipedia or Turtlefeed. Either one is sufficient. However only one will give their opinion on why you would spend money on an Alpha Flight comic book, when that money would have been better spent on a turtle charity.
5. I’m not a big fan of the celebrites
While I can appreciate Lindsay Lohan’s misadventures, I’m thankful for geeky animal fun provided by Turtlefeed.
6. I now have a turtle category on my Stumble favorites
I love using Stumble!(never sure what the punctuation should be of something that already has punctuation). And now my favorites include a category for new turtle posts. Okay, I can’t say for sure that was because of Turtlefeed but I’m going to credit her for it anyway :D
7. I can always count on Turtlefeed to remind me Mario is keeping the turtle down
Turtlefeed is like a turtle Malcom X. Except, I’ve been given the privilege of being able to call her by her human name rather than her turtle name.
8. Ask a park ranger or ask Turtlefeed
Want to know very detailed facts about turtles? Turtlefeed will know. Although, park rangers do have awesome uniforms. BTW, this turtle had just finished laying 12 nests of eggs and still had to pose for this picture.
9. Turtlefeed reminds me of why the environment is important
I’m not exactly the most green person. Yet, I’ve grown up around wildlife that most people only see in Zoos. Turtlefeed reminds me that the environment for some wildlife is fragile. It would be a sad world indeed if these creatures were to disappear because of the negligence of humans.
10. Because Turtlefeed is just awesome
Even for those posts that are not turtle related, they are still terrific. Plus, you will be hard pressed to find a more considerate person on Buzzfeed. It would also be hard to find others as supportive as Turtlefeed in helping others with posts or advice. Thank you Turtlefeed. You are very appreciated.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Trump's supporters are just as frustrated as he is about not getting things done — and they're blaming everyone but Trump.
- Lyme disease patients are feeling neglected by traditional science and turning to the internet to conduct a study of their own. Critics are worried.
- Model Bella Hadid, who promoted Fyre Festival on her social media, spoke out about the chaos and apologized to ticket holders.
- Will Ferrell showed up to a special taping of Samantha Bee's "Not The White House Correspondents Dinner" as George W. Bush.
Report an Issue
Drag to highlight one or more parts of the screen.
We got your feedback, and we'll follow up with you at
Sadly, an error occured while sending your feedback. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know.