South Koreans are radically altering their appearance at a shockingly young age to conform to more traditionally “Western” standards of beauty. Below, South Korean high school students explain this thinking in their own words.
2. What is beautiful to Koreans?
5. When asked why she thinks these traits are pretty:
6. Will you get plastic surgery?
8. Interviewer from off camera:
11. Why do you want a nose job?
15. How Koreans apply a special glue to give themselves a “double eyelid”:
19. Watch the entire mini-documentary on Korean high school students.
For those specifically interested in South Korean beauty standards, skip ahead to 5:45.
- The Trump administration is rolling back an Obama-era policy aimed at protecting transgender students in public schools.
- An off-duty Los Angeles police officer was caught on video pulling out a handgun and firing at least one shot during a confrontation with teens.
- Police arrested at least 10 people on Wednesday as they began clearing out protester camps at the Dakota Access Pipeline site.
- Facebook is in negotiations with the Major League Baseball League to possibly stream one game per week during the 2017 season.