1. Toronto Mayor Rob Ford has been causing quite a stir since he admitted to smoking crack earlier this month.
2. And with all this added media attention on crack, we can’t help but wonder: What exactly is crack?
3. Educational YouTube channel ASAP Science helps us understand what crack really is in its latest video.
4. In summation: Crack is just another form of cocaine, mixed with a weak base that changes its composition into a solid form, commonly known as “rocks.”
5. Crack gets its name because of the sound it makes when heated.
6. Crack, which is inhaled directly through the lungs and into your bloodstream, reaches the brain in just eight seconds. Much faster than the ten minutes it takes for cocaine to reach your bloodstream when snorted.
7. But when cocaine and crack hit the bloodstream, their effects are exactly the same.
8. Yay, science!
- In case you missed it: Trump and Clinton roasted each other at a charity dinner and it was awkward AF 😬
- It's not just you. A massive attack has brought down major sites like Twitter and Spotify for some users in the US.
- At least 26 people have been treated by medics after a chemical incident at London City Airport.
- People are trolling Eric Trump for apparently getting caught putting lemonade in a free water cup at In-N-Out.