1. Forest fires on the Indonesian island of Sumatra have caused air-pollution levels to spike to an all-time high in neighboring Singapore.
2. Singapore is now calling for “definitive action” from Indonesia as unhealthy air quality is now affecting businesses in the prosperous city-state.
12. Smog levels continue to fluctuate, however there is currently no definitive time period as to when air conditions will return to normal.
13. “We will get through this together,” Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong told Singapore residents during a news conference on Thursday.
*Image taken from a previous event with Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong.
- Top legal scholars will be filing the 1st major lawsuit against President Donald Trump's alleged business conflicts on Monday.
- "Welcome to the movement": Women's March on Washington organizers are working tirelessly to make sure first-time marchers stick around ✊
- A mass grave in Mexico contained the remains of 56 people, many of whom went missing in 2010, authorities said Sunday.
- The New England Patriots are heading to the Super Bowl yet again. They'll play the Atlanta Falcons on Feb. 5 🏈