2. Google’s new complex, “Bay View,” is meant to facilitate spontaneous interactions between employees.
According to the architects, because of the use of bent rectangles and sky bridges in the design, it shouldn’t take an employee more than 2½ minutes to walk to any other employee in the complex.
4. Amazon’s new headquarters will sit squarely in the middle of downtown Seattle.
- The Army Corps of Engineers and North Dakota police have ordered protesters to leave the Dakota Access Pipeline site by this afternoon or face arrest.
- The ACLU is suing the city of Milwaukee and its police for allegedly performing thousands of illegal stop-and-frisk searches that targeted minorities.
- Immigrants are worried two government memos are laying the groundwork for the deportation force President Trump promised on the campaign trail.
- #Peggygate: West Elm offers full refunds for the notoriously disintegrating Peggy Couch days after pulling it from its website 👏