2. The dragon* lived in a limestone cave hidden beneath the slopes of Wawel Hill, where the King’s castle rested.
*Note the dragon pictured above is a Hungarian Horntail, not Smok. Unfortunately the GIF technology in 14th century Poland was not what it is today.
7. Smok ate the sulfur-stuffed ram which made him very thirsty. So he drank from the Vistula River* to quench his thirst, and then proceeded to explode because he drank so much water (obviously.)
*Actual Vistula River, not an actual dragon.
8. The dragon was dead, and the villagers* rejoiced.
*Not the actual villagers.
12. Even now the story of Smok lives on. In 1970 a metal sculpture of the Wawel Dragon, designed by Bronisław Chromy was placed in front of the dragon’s den.
13. RIP Smok*, you thirsty dragon.
*Not actually Smok.
- At least 38 people are dead and more than 160 hurt after explosions outside a stadium in Turkey, the country's interior minister said.
- Trump will reportedly pick ExxonMobil's CEO Rex Tillerson as secretary of state. He has a long history of oil deals with Russia.
- Gen. David Petraeus helped block the autopsy of an Afghan man who died mysteriously in US custody, emails show.
- "Saturday Night Live" revealed Donald Trump's newest pick to lead the Drug Enforcement Agency: Walter White.