1. While at the conference the two FLOTUS (FLOTI?) had a grand old time together.
2. First, they stared deep into each other’s eyes for a rousing round of “who will blink first?”
3. Michelle lost.
4. So she asked for a rematch, but Laura was like, “Yeah, no.”
5. To which Michelle was like:
6. After the stare-off they got back to business and talked with journalist Cokie Roberts about the important issues facing women in Africa.
7. Together the first ladies championed the idea that women are the future of both African nations and the world at large.
8. It was a much-needed message of unity in a particularly rough season of political disunity in American politics.
9. Perhaps this conference simply confirms what we’ve suspected all along…
- For MLK Day, we're taking a look at some rare pictures of Martin Luther King Jr.
- At least four people were killed in a shooting at a Mexican music festival.
- The Russian government agrees with comments Donald Trump made on Sunday, saying that NATO is "obsolete."
- And BuzzFeed News spent two months mapping Trump's personal and business connections — and found more than 1,500 in all.