4. And the people she is writing for.
When asked, “What do you most hope children take away from the experience of reading Harry Potter?” She responded:
“What I would most like to think they would take away, is what I take away when I read my favorite books. Which is the knowledge that there is always somewhere you can go, that you love, and where you’re safe. And that’s how I feel about my favorite books, wherever I am, if I’ve got that book with me, I’ve got a place where I can go and be happy. So if that place is Hogwarts for anyone, then I couldn’t be more honored or humbled.”
5. She knows exactly who she is…
“You have to be a Gryffindor.”
“I am Gryffindor.”
6. But still admires the uniqueness of others.
“This may surprise people, but it is the truth. In many, many ways, Hufflepuff is my favorite house.”
“What’s interesting about the wizarding world is when you take physical strength out of the equation, a woman can do magic just as powerfully as a man can do magic. A woman can fight just the same as a man.”
10. And wants the best for young girls as they grow up.
“I’ve got two daughters who will have to make their way in this skinny-obsessed world, and it worries me, because I don’t want them to be empty-headed, self-obsessed, emaciated clones; I’d rather they were independent, interesting, idealistic, kind, opinionated, original, funny – a thousand things, before ‘thin’. And frankly, I’d rather they didn’t give a gust of stinking chihuahua flatulence whether the woman standing next to them has fleshier knees than they do. Let my girls be Hermiones, rather than Pansy Parkinsons. Let them never be stupid girls.”
14. Despite her fame, she he has a maintained a great sense of humor.
15. But also a tremendous amount of heart.
- Today's the final day of the Democratic National Convention — Hillary Clinton is preparing for the biggest night of her life 🇺🇸
- Amazon's in its Prime. The company's profit rose 831% this quarter thanks to its growing cloud computing business ☁️💸
- #TBT: Old-school MTV is returning Aug. 1 with shows like "Daria," "Beavis & Butt-Head," "Cribs," and "Punk'd" 📺 🙌