1. This is ∆ (pronounced alt-J), and they just may be the best band you have not yet heard of.
2. With a hauntingly ethereal sound, alt-J is vaguely reminiscent of both Mumford & Sons and King of Limbs-era Radiohead.
4. The four members include: Joe Newman— guitarist and vocalist.
5. Gwil Swainsbury— guitarist and bassist.
6. Gus Unger-Hamilton— keyboardist.
7. And finally Thom Green— drummer.
10. Their current name ∆, comes from the Greek letter “delta,” which is used as the mathematical symbol for change. However it’s pronounced “alt-J” because if you press alt + j on a Mac computer you get the symbol ∆.
11. It seems as if they picked the right name as their fans have happily embraced the ∆ as a symbol for their intense dedication.
13. And they love Aaron Paul.
YEAH BITCH! @aaronpaul_8 #Lollapalooza
14. Ellie Goulding is a big fan, too!
As is evident by her sick cover of their song, “Tessellate.”
16. Oh, and they also wrote a song for the Silver Linings Playbook soundtrack. NBD.
19. Here’s a longer clip of their live show at 02 Academy Brixton. Watch it, you won’t regret it.
20. Like their shows, their music videos are also pretty visually stunning.
23. Also they’re currently on tour, so make sure to check out them out live. Now treat yo’ self and listen to “Something Good.”
See what I did there?
- Hillary Clinton has officially accepted the Democratic party's presidential nomination with some fiery words for Donald Trump 🇺🇸
- A federal court struck down North Carolina's voting restrictions, ruling they intentionally made it harder for black people to vote.
- Four people in Florida are likely the first to contract the Zika virus from mosquitos in the US, the state's governor says.