1. This is ∆ (pronounced alt-J), and they just may be the best band you have not yet heard of.
2. With a hauntingly ethereal sound, alt-J is vaguely reminiscent of both Mumford & Sons and King of Limbs-era Radiohead.
4. The four members include: Joe Newman— guitarist and vocalist.
5. Gwil Swainsbury— guitarist and bassist.
6. Gus Unger-Hamilton— keyboardist.
7. And finally Thom Green— drummer.
10. Their current name ∆, comes from the Greek letter “delta,” which is used as the mathematical symbol for change. However it’s pronounced “alt-J” because if you press alt + j on a Mac computer you get the symbol ∆.
11. It seems as if they picked the right name as their fans have happily embraced the ∆ as a symbol for their intense dedication.
13. And they love Aaron Paul.
YEAH BITCH! @aaronpaul_8 #Lollapalooza
14. Ellie Goulding is a big fan, too!
As is evident by her sick cover of their song, “Tessellate.”
16. Oh, and they also wrote a song for the Silver Linings Playbook soundtrack. NBD.
19. Here’s a longer clip of their live show at 02 Academy Brixton. Watch it, you won’t regret it.
20. Like their shows, their music videos are also pretty visually stunning.
23. Also they’re currently on tour, so make sure to check out them out live. Now treat yo’ self and listen to “Something Good.”
See what I did there?
- #Brexit fallout: Markets around the world fell again Monday, and analysts expect the U.K. to enter a "mild recession" by early 2017.
- The U.S. Supreme Court has ruled that abortion provider restrictions in Texas are unconstitutional.
- It's #TurnUpToVote week at BuzzFeed. Ready for November? You can register right here 🇺🇸