1. Graham Greene’s The End of the Affair read by Colin Firth.
Honestly, I would listen to Mr. Darcy read me the phonebook. So bring on the classic literature.
2. L. Frank Baum’s The Wonderful Wizard of Oz read by Anne Hathaway.
Strangely this children’s book seems right up her alley.
3. Margaret Atwood’s The Handmaid’s Tale read by Claire Danes.
Let’s just hope she uses her Romeo + Juliet voice and not her Carrie Mathison voice.
4. Emile Zola’s Therese Raquin read by Kate Winslet.
I mean she was The Reader…
5. Virginia Woolf’s To The Lighthouse read by Nicole Kidman.
She already played Virginia Woolf in The Hours, may as well read her stuff.
6. Chester Himes’ A Rage in Harlem read by Samuel L. Jackson.
I can’t tell if Samuel L. Jackson reading to me would be soothing or terrifying.
8. Joan Didion’s Slouching Towards Bethlehem read by Diane Keaton.
Diane Keaton’s voice is nice and punchy, an interesting contrast to Joan Didion.
9. Paul Bowles’ The Sheltering Sky read by Jennifer Connelly.
Deep books call for forlorn GIFs.
10. Carson McCullers’ The Member of the Wedding read by Susan Sarandon.
Timeless novel read by a timeless actress.
11. Virginia Woolf’s Mrs. Dalloway read by Annette Bening.
We trust your Oscar-nominated voice to do the job.
12. Bram Stoker’s Dracula read by Alan Cumming.
It’s scary how good he is…
13. William Saroyan’s The Human Comedy read by Meg Ryan.
“I’ll read what she’s reading.”
14. Keith Richards’ Life read by Johnny Depp.
Legend on legend.
- The enemy within: Civilians are caught in the crossfire as Iraqi troops move closer to Mosul and face fears of ISIS.
- Donald Trump wants President Obama to be investigated, saying he knew about Hillary Clinton's private email server 📩
- Here's what European cities are offering to convince London's banks, companies, and entrepreneurs to move post-Brexit🍷🌞
- And Millie Bobby Brown — Eleven from "Stranger Things" — looks badass on her first magazine cover ✨