1. Graham Greene’s The End of the Affair read by Colin Firth.
Honestly, I would listen to Mr. Darcy read me the phonebook. So bring on the classic literature.
2. L. Frank Baum’s The Wonderful Wizard of Oz read by Anne Hathaway.
Strangely this children’s book seems right up her alley.
3. Margaret Atwood’s The Handmaid’s Tale read by Claire Danes.
Let’s just hope she uses her Romeo + Juliet voice and not her Carrie Mathison voice.
4. Emile Zola’s Therese Raquin read by Kate Winslet.
I mean she was The Reader…
5. Virginia Woolf’s To The Lighthouse read by Nicole Kidman.
She already played Virginia Woolf in The Hours, may as well read her stuff.
6. Chester Himes’ A Rage in Harlem read by Samuel L. Jackson.
I can’t tell if Samuel L. Jackson reading to me would be soothing or terrifying.
8. Joan Didion’s Slouching Towards Bethlehem read by Diane Keaton.
Diane Keaton’s voice is nice and punchy, an interesting contrast to Joan Didion.
9. Paul Bowles’ The Sheltering Sky read by Jennifer Connelly.
Deep books call for forlorn GIFs.
10. Carson McCullers’ The Member of the Wedding read by Susan Sarandon.
Timeless novel read by a timeless actress.
11. Virginia Woolf’s Mrs. Dalloway read by Annette Bening.
We trust your Oscar-nominated voice to do the job.
12. Bram Stoker’s Dracula read by Alan Cumming.
It’s scary how good he is…
13. William Saroyan’s The Human Comedy read by Meg Ryan.
“I’ll read what she’s reading.”
14. Keith Richards’ Life read by Johnny Depp.
Legend on legend.
- One of the nation's top legal groups is seeking a wide array of records from four federal agencies to challenge Trump's potential business conflicts.
- Notorious Mexican drug lord Joaquín "El Chapo" Guzmán has been extradited to the United States to face multiple charges.
- The turnout at Trump's inaugural concert was much smaller compared to the crowd that showed up for Obama's 2009 celebration.
- Gingers rejoice! A redhead emoji may be coming your way soon 🙌