1. Graham Greene’s The End of the Affair read by Colin Firth.
Honestly, I would listen to Mr. Darcy read me the phonebook. So bring on the classic literature.
2. L. Frank Baum’s The Wonderful Wizard of Oz read by Anne Hathaway.
Strangely this children’s book seems right up her alley.
3. Margaret Atwood’s The Handmaid’s Tale read by Claire Danes.
Let’s just hope she uses her Romeo + Juliet voice and not her Carrie Mathison voice.
4. Emile Zola’s Therese Raquin read by Kate Winslet.
I mean she was The Reader…
5. Virginia Woolf’s To The Lighthouse read by Nicole Kidman.
She already played Virginia Woolf in The Hours, may as well read her stuff.
6. Chester Himes’ A Rage in Harlem read by Samuel L. Jackson.
I can’t tell if Samuel L. Jackson reading to me would be soothing or terrifying.
8. Joan Didion’s Slouching Towards Bethlehem read by Diane Keaton.
Diane Keaton’s voice is nice and punchy, an interesting contrast to Joan Didion.
9. Paul Bowles’ The Sheltering Sky read by Jennifer Connelly.
Deep books call for forlorn GIFs.
10. Carson McCullers’ The Member of the Wedding read by Susan Sarandon.
Timeless novel read by a timeless actress.
11. Virginia Woolf’s Mrs. Dalloway read by Annette Bening.
We trust your Oscar-nominated voice to do the job.
12. Bram Stoker’s Dracula read by Alan Cumming.
It’s scary how good he is…
13. William Saroyan’s The Human Comedy read by Meg Ryan.
“I’ll read what she’s reading.”
14. Keith Richards’ Life read by Johnny Depp.
Legend on legend.
- Kim Jong Nam, the half-brother of North Korea's leader, was killed with a chemical weapon last week at an airport in Malaysia.
- Caitlyn Jenner told President Trump his administration's rollback of protections for transgender kids was a "disaster" 😳
- Uber's CEO met with more than 100 female engineers on Thursday to discuss sexism and harassment allegations at the company.
- Beyoncé is backing out of Coachella under doctors' advice. But she plans to headline the festival again in 2018 😭🐝