I myself ran the half marathon with my BFF, Sam, and got to see all the ridiculously awesome costumes that people made.
I made the Jessie costume, on the left, and Sam made her Rapunzel ensemble. (We are obviously v competitive runners since we stopped for this photo op…)
Here are the best costumes from this year’s Disney Princess Half Marathon weekend:
1. The #princessmen who stole the show.
The guys said: “This was something that we started for fun last year that quickly turned into a source of positivity and humor for other runners in the race. A bunch of guys dressed as princesses (and two women as princes last year) running and having a good time brought smiles to a lot of people’s faces.”
We love ya, #princessmen.
2. A pint-sized Rey from Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
CAN I ADOPT YOU?
3. This badass crew made up of Pocahontas, Cinderella, Fairy Godmother, and Snow White.
4. Aladdin, Jasmine and *BABY ABU*. I REPEAT: BABY. ABU.
*Explodes from cuteness overload.*
5. Tiana from Princess and the Frog and her LITERAL TWIN.
Who works for Disney and who is the runner? I CAN’T TELL.
6. This Frozen crew of Olaf, Sven, Anna, and Elsa has all the chill.
Kudos to them for not tripping over their capes for 3.1 miles.
7. This familial bonding sesh with Sebastian and Flounder from The Little Mermaid.
8. An extra happy Mushu from Mulan.
9. Prince Charming trying to woo Cinderella with some more practical footwear.
10. Ariel and Flounder from The Little Mermaid looking hella fly.
11. This Toy Story gang kickin’ butt and taking names.
Kinda wish someone would have dressed as “the claaaaawwww”.
12. Russell from Up, Donald Duck, and the Genie from Aladdin.
Russell earned a badge for being awesome.
13. This ~cool~ duo, Sven and Elsa from Frozen.
14. This sporty Cinderella.
15. This Pocahontas hanging out with Ariel and Ursula.
16. This unlikely union between Cruella from 101 Dalmatians and Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland.
They also made those tutus themselves. Major DIY bonus points.
17. These sassy Aristocats, Marie and Duchess.
Side note: The Aristocats might be the #1 most underrated Disney movie of all time. JUST SAYING.
18. Cinderella and her squad of Jaq, Fairy Godmother, and Gus.
Bippity boppity ~beauitful~.
19. This royal family.
This is what the American Dream looks like.
20. Max (AKA the dog from The Little Mermaid).
I am sweating *for* this woman.
21. Team Wonderland coming in hot.
IRL the group is pretty cool too. They said: “In real life we are an airline pilot, nurse, artist, toy photographer, security analyst, and an executive assistant.”
22. These mixed emotions (Sadness, Disgust and Joy) from Inside Out.
All are appropriate emotions while running a half marathon.
23. MY PARENTS (!!!) who ran their first 5K and dressed as Mary Poppins & Bert.
Like, come on. LOOK AT THEM.
- Former Israeli President Shimon Peres has died at 93. He was the country's longest-serving politician and statesman.
- Monday night's presidential debate between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton was a horse show for undecided voters.
- And in a powerful note on her Facebook page, tennis star Serena Williams says she won't be silent about the police killings of black men.