1. "Breathe. You don't have to have it all figured out day one."
2. "You make friends by inviting acquaintances to everything."
3. "Eddy is not short for Education. They are two different buildings."
4. "Strive for balance. Not all study, not all play. If you are rowing a boat, you won't get anywhere with only one oar."
5. "Where the Pickle Barrel is at, and what funky punky is like."
6. "Spend some time watching sunsets at Horsetooth!"
7. "Cookies are a great way to make friends in your hall."
8. "Taking 20 credit hours doesn't mean you'll be hanging out half the week."
9. "Learn a second language and make international friends."
10. "Call your parents!"
11. "Use all your meal swipes! If you find yourself with some left over at the end of the week, lower your meal plan or go to Durrell/AV Express to stock up on snacks!"
12. "Meet your professors and use office hours; that's what they are there for and they DO care about you and your learning. Get involved in student life to help balance school life - intramural sports, clubs, greek life, faith organizations, etc."
13. "How credit works, how easy it is to ruin it, and how long/hard you have to work to get it back to good."
14. "Do everything. Say "yes" to everything. Some things won't fit. Some will. But, trying things out is the only way you'll ever know."
15. "Let your mom make your bed and take care of you on move-in day. It's probably harder on her than you think."
16. "Keep an open mind and check in with yourself often."
17. "Remember, this is an opportunity to expose yourself to new things."
18. "Life happens sometimes, so let it."
19. "If you find yourself in a group of friends that you feel uncomfortable around, just find new ones! College is great for making your own family."
20. "Get a sewing kit and a small toolbox!"
21. "Have an open mind, but stay true to you."
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!