1. There's always something lurking outside waiting to kill you.
2. Oh, you wanted to go swimming today? I don't think so.
3. Those cute little turtles you wanted as a child are not always so cute and harmless.
4. At the end of the day when you think you're safe inside, nature loves nothing more than to prove you wrong.
5. Spending a relaxing day at the beach is more easily said than done.
6. And just getting to the beach means being stuck in traffic for hours with the million other people headed coastward.
7. This is a normal, everyday occurrence during the summer.
8. You hold out hope that it'll get better...until you accept the fact that you actually live in hell.
9. Even your technology gives up at some point.
10. Did we mention the heat?
11. Cooling off is a lost cause.
12. The insect situation is out of control.
13. "Enough mosquito repellent" is a paradox.
14. And even after coating yourself in the stuff, there's still a chance you'll end up looking like this.
15. The weather can change in an instant, and a sunny day can become dreadful in a heartbeat.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!