1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
1½ teaspoons ground ginger
½ teaspoon allspice
Zest of 1 orange
100ml red wine
100g caster sugar
160g light brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
½ teaspoon baking powder
300g chocolate, chopped
1 teaspoon salt
1. Place a saucepan over medium/low heat and add the butter. Once melted, add the cinnamon, ginger, allspice, orange zest, and wine. Stir and simmer on low heat for 10 minute. Your kitchen will smell of a winter wonderland! Remove from the heat and leave to cool slightly.
2. Next add your caster sugar, light brown sugar, and infused butter to a large bowl. Stir until fully combined.
3. Next add your vanilla extract and egg. Whisk to the ribbon stage; this should take around 5–8 minutes. Your mixture should be light and fluffy!
4. Add the flour, baking powder, salt and 220g chocolate chunks. Stir until fully combined and refrigerate for 30 minutes, or until hardened.
5. When you are ready to bake, preheat the oven to 180˚C and line a baking tray.
6. Using a large dessert spoon, scoop spoonfuls of the cookie dough onto the lined baking tray. Ensure you leave at least 4 inches of space between cookies and 2 inches of space from the edges of the tray so that the cookies can spread evenly.
7. Before baking, sprinkle the remaining 80g of chocolate over the top of your cookies for an extra chocolate hit!
8. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the edges are just starting to brown and the centre is still gooey.
9. Serve and enjoy!