Let me just preface this by saying that I actually loved The Maze Runner books and I thought the movie was fun and exciting. Dylan O'Brien was the perfect Thomas, Blake Cooper was a surprisingly funny Chuck, and Thomas Brodie-Sangster made me love Newt even more than I already do.
However, the movie is more like loosely based on James Dashner's novel. It was still a good film, but they changed a ton from the books. Here's just a few things I noticed.
If you did not read the book and don't want spoilers, stop reading right now. You have been warned.
1. Thomas and Teresa's telepathy.
2. Teresa's knowledge of the Glade, the Maze, and Thomas.
3. Gally's memory of Thomas.
4. An angry and villainous Alby.
5. The cliff.
6. Maps and letter codes of the maze.
7. Gray ceilings and the "trigger" Teresa set off.
8. A controlled nightly Griever Glade raid.
9. Gally's disappearance and abduction.
10. Alby and Thomas' memories after the Changing.
11. A whole lot of running.
The Maze Runner hits theaters Sept. 19.
You should still see it!