5. During “I Put A Spell On You,” Bette Midler makes a reference to the movie Gypsy.
In Hocus Pocus she says, “Hello, Salem! My name’s Winifred! What’s yours?” and during “Rose’s Turn” in Gypsy she says, “Hello, everybody! My name is Rose! What’s yours?”
8. It was revealed that Sarah Jessica Parker is a descendant from Esther Elwell, who was accused in the Salem witch trials of the late 1600s.
SJP plays a Salem witch of 1693 and Esther was was arrested in 1692 for committing “sundry acts of witchcraft” and choking a neighbor to death.
All facts via IMdB.
- The Democratic National Committee on Monday apologized for remarks sent over email criticizing the Bernie Sanders campaign 🇺🇸
- At least 15 people died and 45 others were injured in a knife attack at a facility for the disabled near Tokyo, Japan.
- Verizon is buying Yahoo's core business for about $5 billion, ending the web pioneer's run as an independent company.