5. During “I Put A Spell On You,” Bette Midler makes a reference to the movie Gypsy.
In Hocus Pocus she says, “Hello, Salem! My name’s Winifred! What’s yours?” and during “Rose’s Turn” in Gypsy she says, “Hello, everybody! My name is Rose! What’s yours?”
8. It was revealed that Sarah Jessica Parker is a descendant from Esther Elwell, who was accused in the Salem witch trials of the late 1600s.
SJP plays a Salem witch of 1693 and Esther was was arrested in 1692 for committing “sundry acts of witchcraft” and choking a neighbor to death.
All facts via IMdB.
- Barack Obama became the first sitting U.S. president to visit the site of the atomic bombing in Hiroshima, Japan. The "memory of August 6, 1945 must never fade."
- A Silicon Valley college faked grades, dodged immigration authorities, and made a fortune, BuzzFeed News has found 💰🎓
- Twenty-three athletes who competed in the 2012 Olympic Games in London have failed retrospective doping tests, officials say.