5. During “I Put A Spell On You,” Bette Midler makes a reference to the movie Gypsy.
In Hocus Pocus she says, “Hello, Salem! My name’s Winifred! What’s yours?” and during “Rose’s Turn” in Gypsy she says, “Hello, everybody! My name is Rose! What’s yours?”
8. It was revealed that Sarah Jessica Parker is a descendant from Esther Elwell, who was accused in the Salem witch trials of the late 1600s.
SJP plays a Salem witch of 1693 and Esther was was arrested in 1692 for committing “sundry acts of witchcraft” and choking a neighbor to death.
All facts via IMdB.
- Election forecasts are everywhere these days, but what do they really mean? Here's what they tell us 🔍
- Confused refugees question what's next as French authorities begin to clear out the Calais "Jungle" camp.
- Obamacare premiums will jump an average 25% in 2017, but federal officials say subsidies will keep costs low for most people.
- The first Gilmore Girls trailer is finally here and it looks like Luke and Lorelai are together 💛☕️