1. Omri Katz was ill during his first audition and was initially rejected for the role of Max Dennison.
2. Leo DiCaprio was reportedly offered the part of Max, but turned it down to star in What's Eating Gilbert Grape.
3. Seven statues were made of Winifred Sanderson from the scene in which she dies.
4. Rosie O'Donnell was originally offered the role of Mary Sanderson, but she turned it down because she didn't want to play a "scary witch."
5. During "I Put A Spell On You," Bette Midler makes a reference to the movie Gypsy.
6. In the original VHS trailer, they showed two scenes that weren't in the movie.
One of Mary eating in a grocery store and one of Mary and Sarah in what appears to be an indoor pool.
7. During a 2008 BBC interview, Bette Midler said that out of all her movies, this was her favorite.
8. It was revealed that Sarah Jessica Parker is a descendant from Esther Elwell, who was accused in the Salem witch trials of the late 1600s.
9. Hocus Pocus was written as a Disney Channel Original Movie, but ended up being made into a motion picture.
10. The movie was released in the summer of 1993 rather than the fall.
11. Penny and Garry Marshall play husband and wife in the film, but they're actually brother and sister.
12. After Max, Dani, and Allison lock the witches in the kiln, they celebrate outside. The house directly behind Max and Thackery is the same house used in Christmas Vacation.
13. The movie grossed $39.5 million and appears on ABC Family every October.
All facts via IMdB.