5. During “I Put A Spell On You,” Bette Midler makes a reference to the movie Gypsy.
In Hocus Pocus she says, “Hello, Salem! My name’s Winifred! What’s yours?” and during “Rose’s Turn” in Gypsy she says, “Hello, everybody! My name is Rose! What’s yours?”
8. It was revealed that Sarah Jessica Parker is a descendant from Esther Elwell, who was accused in the Salem witch trials of the late 1600s.
SJP plays a Salem witch of 1693 and Esther was was arrested in 1692 for committing “sundry acts of witchcraft” and choking a neighbor to death.
All facts via IMdB.
- A draft of a plan to repeal Obamacare was released that'll block federal funds from Planned Parenthood and cut healthcare benefits granted under the law.
- The widow of a Kansas immigrant who was allegedly killed by a white nationalist demanded answers from the government about stopping hate crimes in the US.
- Time to change your passwords: Uber and Fitbit are among the millions of websites that may have been compromised 🔐
- A billboard in North Carolina that claims "Real men provide. Real women appreciate it," has sparked controversy across the country 👀