1. The heartbreaking and memorable beginning of the movie almost wasn’t.
The first storyboarded version had Ellie and Carl punching each other, and when the writers presented it, they were left with silence.
You can watch the original beginning (starts at the 3:35 mark) here, but it will still make you cry, so grab tissues.
3. It took three days to get to Angel Falls and Mount Roraima, the inspiration for Paradise Falls.
They took an airplane to another airplane, to a jeep, to a helicopter, back to a jeep, and then trekked out.
14. Russell was heavily influenced by story artist Peter Sohn.
19. And last but not least, a replica of Ellie and Carl’s house (inside and out) was built in Utah for an asking price of almost $400,000.
Bangerter Homes got permission by Disney to build it. You can watch more about it here.
A couple also took anniversary pictures here and it is the CUTEST THING EVER.
In conclusion: I will be watching UP tonight.
- Hillary Clinton's campaign manager accused Russia of backing a leak of Democratic party emails to secretly help Trump's presidential chances.
- Russia won't be banned from the Rio Olympics but its athletes need to pass new anti-doping tests to compete, the IOC ruled.
- ISIS has claimed responsibility for a bombing that killed at least 80 people in Afghanistan Saturday.