1. The heartbreaking and memorable beginning of the movie almost wasn’t.
The first storyboarded version had Ellie and Carl punching each other, and when the writers presented it, they were left with silence.
You can watch the original beginning (starts at the 3:35 mark) here, but it will still make you cry, so grab tissues.
3. It took three days to get to Angel Falls and Mount Roraima, the inspiration for Paradise Falls.
They took an airplane to another airplane, to a jeep, to a helicopter, back to a jeep, and then trekked out.
14. Russell was heavily influenced by story artist Peter Sohn.
19. And last but not least, a replica of Ellie and Carl’s house (inside and out) was built in Utah for an asking price of almost $400,000.
Bangerter Homes got permission by Disney to build it. You can watch more about it here.
A couple also took anniversary pictures here and it is the CUTEST THING EVER.
In conclusion: I will be watching UP tonight.
- Bomb threats were called into Jewish centers in at least 13 states today, making it the fifth wave of threats since January.
- Elon Musk announced that his SpaceX company will send two tourists around the moon by 2018 🚀🌝
- The suspect in a Kansas shooting that left an Indian man dead thought he was shooting Iranians, and the FBI is investigating as a possible hate crime.
- The trans sister of a Trump inauguration singer must be allowed to use the restroom that fits her gender ID, a judge ruled.