2. When Adam Brody auditioned, Josh Schwartz said he hated him and wanted him to get out.
Adam had been auditioning for several pilots that day and hadn’t come prepared. After a month with no Seth Cohen, they eventually called Brody back and he got the part.
6. Rachel Bilson was originally only a guest star, but the role of Summer Roberts became so important that they made her a main character.
Can you imagine a show without Seth+Summer? No, the answer is no.
7. The producers almost didn’t use the iconic Phantom Planet song for the intro.
They thought it was too mainstream, but they added the song because they needed to show the network something before the pilot premiered. Everyone ended up loving it, so they used “California” for the theme song.
16. Shailene Woodley played the young Kaitlin Cooper.
And then became a teen mom. Well, on TV.
17. The Cohens were originally called “The Needlemans.”
- The White House continued to defend rolling back Obama-era transgender protections, with Sean Spicer repeatedly insisting it's a "states' rights issue."
- Republican members of Congress face angry town halls flooded with voters opposing Obamacare repeal and other parts of the Trump agenda.
- Indiana police released chilling audio in the case two teens found dead in the woods — a voice captured on one of their phones saying "down the hill."
- Education Secretary Betsy DeVos defended the Trump administration rescinding transgender protections, despite reports she opposed the effort.