The rainbow formation is the result of red sandstone and mineral deposits being laid down for over 24 million years, according to the Telegraph.
The incredible tabletop mountains are some of the oldest geological formations on the planet, dating back about 2 billion years ago. This was also part of the inspiration for Paradise Falls in Disney’s UP.
This 354-foot waterfall lies at the border of Zambia and Zimbabwe and it is the widest waterfall in Africa. There’s also a famous feature on the Zambian side called the Devil’s Pool, which allows adventurous tourists to hang out at the edge of the falls.
Trolltunga is a piece of rock that hangs out of the mountain about 2,000 feet up in the air. The Troll’s Tongue (translation in English) is available to hikers from mid-June to about mid-September.
This magnificent beauty is 277 miles long and 18 miles wide, and is considered one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World.
This railway engulfed in a tunnel of leaves is a Pinterest favorite and a Ukrainian hot spot for lovers. Although it’s undoubtedly romantic, there is an active train that travels through the tunnel three times a day to deliver wood to a factory. Just beware of the train before snapping engagement photos!
This specific spot in the Waitomo Caves is known as the Glowworm Grotto, a place where glowworms create a starry effect on the ceilings. This species is exclusively found in New Zealand and is around the size of a mosquito.
26. Cenotes of Yucatán Peninsula in Mexico
The westernmost lake is called the Lake of Old People and is usually blue, and the other two are called the Lake of Young Men and Maidens and Bewitched or Enchanted Lake, which are typically green and red, respectively. The colors vary on a periodic basis and have become a popular tourist destination.
- President Trump signed an anti-abortion executive order that reinstates the so-called "global gag rule," barring foreign organizations taking US money from providing abortions.
- In the first major lawsuit of his presidency, Donald Trump has been sued by top legal scholars over alleged conflicts of interest with his foreign business entanglements.
- Samsung finally explained why its Galaxy Note 7 kept catching fire, blaming a combo of faulty batteries and improper welding in the phones📱🔥
- Alt-right news platform Breitbart News is set to expand its presence in Italy, BuzzFeed News has learned 📰 🇮🇹