28 Brilliant Travel Hacks You Need To Know For Summer Vacations
Traveling doesn't have to be that complicated.
1. When you pack a suitcase, wrap your shoes in a shower cap.
2. Call your credit or debit card company before traveling internationally so that you're authorized for vacation purchases.
3. Store your loose cables/chargers in an old sunglasses case to keep everything in one place.
4. Bring an empty water bottle to the airport and refill it after you pass security.
5. Enable private browsing when searching or booking flights online.
6. When packing your suitcase, roll your clothes to save space and avoid wrinkles.
7. Put your bobby pins in a Tic Tac container to keep from losing them.
8. If you forget the wall plug-in for your phone charger, check the back of your hotel TV. There's usually a USB port.
9. And if you forgot your charger, ask your hotel if they have one you can borrow for the duration of your stay.
10. Stick a dryer sheet in your suitcase with your clothes to keep them smelling fresh.
11. Use a pill container to store and sort your jewelry.
12. Buy a portable phone charger (or charging case) for when you're not near a wall plug.
13. Turn a cereal container into a trash can for your car when on road trips.
14. Buy a shower caddy from the dollar store and use it for easy eating.
15. When you're driving in a new city and need to remember where you parked, drop a pin on Google Maps or take a picture of the parking space with your phone.
Just hold down on the location and a pin will appear.
16. To use Google Maps offline, type "ok maps" and the current area on your phone will save for later.
It's good for important places you want to visit or need to go to when out of town so you have the info available in case you lose service.
17. Roll up your belt and stick it inside your collard shirts to keep them clean and stiff.
18. If you're heading to a theme park or the beach, put your phone in a plastic bag to prevent it from getting wet.
19. To protect wine bottles in suitcases, wrap them in Wine Skin or pool floaties.
You can buy the Wine Skin here.
20. Turn a pot holder into a case for your flat iron so you can pack it even while it's still warm.
21. Use a binder clip to protect razors when traveling.
22. Scan your passport, ID, and itinerary and email it to yourself so you have a digital copy in the event of loss or theft.
23. To prevent bottles from leaking in your luggage, place plastic wrap over the container and then seal it with the cap.
24. If you want to bring a small amount of concealer or lotions, put them in contact cases.
25. If the back of your plane seat doesn't have TVs, put your phone in a plastic bag and hook it to the back of the tray table (or use a barf bag).
I don't know how well this actually works, but you might as well give it a shot. Directions for the barf bag here.