Have you heard about Hamilton the Musical? It's all the ~buzz~ right now, and it's actually warranted. Here are all the times I kind of lost my shit during the show.
1. When I looked at my playbill and realized Lin-Manuel Miranda (In the Heights), who stars as Hamilton, also wrote the book, music and lyrics.
2. When the show began and I realized Hamilton is a modern-day hip-hop musical.
3. When the ensemble came out in awesome costumes and hair/makeup.
4. The scene where the cast sang "Aaron Burr, Sir" and made a "IT'S SHOWTIME" joke.
5. When Jonathan Groff walked onstage as King George and slayed with his hilarious number and brilliant sass.
6. When Leslie Odom Jr., who plays Aaron Burr, sang "The Room Where It Happens."
7. When Thomas Jefferson and Alexander Hamilton had a "cabinet battle."
8. When Jasmine Cephas Jones, who plays Peggy Schuyler and Maria Reynolds, totally killed "Say No To This."
9. When Anthony Ramos, who plays John Laurens and Philip Hamilton, made me cry. Twice.
10. Basically the entire show. It was honestly just really, really good and THE 👏 MUSIC 👏 IS 👏 ON 👏 POINT 👏.
Hamilton is now open on Broadway.
You can temporarily listen to the whole cast recording here before it drops on Sept. 25.