Day 10 Of The Goodful 2-Week Healthy Eating Challenge 2018
This is Day 10 of the Goodful Two-Week Healthy Eating Challenge. Click here to get a rundown of the whole program.
Welcome to Day 10 of the Goodful Two-Week Healthy Eating Challenge! Need to reference our main guide? Click here for the rules, menu, and other information.
Note: You may want to prep some of these recipes ahead of time, especially based on your schedule and lifestyle. Take a look at all the menus beforehand!
Disclaimer: Nutritional info provided is per serving. Please read descriptions carefully before cooking!
If you want to follow along with this challenge by getting each day's meal plans emailed to you for the next 14 days, enter your email address below. It's totally free!
If you can't see the sign-up box above, you can enter your email address here.
1 large egg
1 small sweet potato, diced
⅓ cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
1 Roma tomato, diced
½ red onion, diced
½ jalapeño, minced
2 tablespoons cilantro, divided
1 tablespoon lime juice
2 teaspoons olive oil
¾ teaspoon salt, plus more to serve
¼ teaspoon pepper, plus more to serve
1. Bring a small pot of water to a boil over high heat. Gently add the egg and cook for 6 minutes. Transfer the egg to an ice bath, and peel under cold water.
2. Place sweet potato in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high until tender, about 2½ minutes.
3. Add the black beans, tomato, red onion, jalapeño, 1 tablespoon cilantro, lime juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper and toss to combine.
4. Slice the egg in half and place on the sweet potato mixture. Season with additional salt, pepper, and cilantro.
½ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
½ cucumber, grated and squeezed to remove excess water
2 teaspoons lemon juice
¼ teaspoon salt
½ garlic clove, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons oregano, chopped
Juice of 1 lemon
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 clove garlic, minced
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 6 large pieces
½ small eggplant, cut into 6 large cubes
1 red onion, cut into 6 large pieces
1 red bell pepper, cut into 6 large pieces
1. Preheat oven to 450˚F (230˚C).
2. In a bowl, add the tzatziki ingredients and stir to combine. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, add olive oil, oregano, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, salt, and pepper and stir to combine.
4. Add the chicken, eggplant, red onion, and red bell pepper and toss until well coated.
5. Skewer chicken and veggies onto two skewers and place onto a parchment paper–lined sheet tray.
6. Bake until chicken is cooked through and veggies are tender, about 15 minutes.
7. Serve with the tzatziki sauce for dipping.
1 whole wheat pita bread
2 tablespoons low-sodium tomato sauce
3 slices fresh mozzarella
½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
¼ cup zucchini, diced
¼ cup eggplant, diced
½ teaspoon salt, plus more to season
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper, plus more to season
2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
1 cup baby arugula
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 375˚ (190˚C).
2. Place pita bread on a parchment paper–lined sheet tray.
3. Spread tomato sauce on pita bread and top with mozzarella slices.
4. Toss tomatoes, zucchini, and eggplant with salt, pepper, and 1 teaspoon olive oil.
5. Place vegetable mixture on top of pita bread and bake until veggies are tender and bread is crisp, about 10 minutes.
6. To serve, toss arugula with remaining olive oil and lemon juice and place on top of the pizza. Season with additional salt, pepper, and olive oil.
1 15.5 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 teaspoon chili powder
¾ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
Zest of 1 lime
Juice of 1 lime
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
2. In a bowl, toss the chickpeas with olive oil, chili powder, salt, pepper, lime zest, and lime juice.
3. Transfer chickpeas to a parchment paper–lined baking sheet and bake for 35 minutes, until crispy.