An ice cube tray is great for making miniature desserts, storing things like herbs or stock for easy use later on, and making unique ice cubes for cold drinks. Consider buying silicone ice cube trays; they make it easier to remove things when frozen. Once whatever you’re making is frozen, you can transfer the cubes to a ziplock bag for storage in the freezer. Here are some things to try.
10. Freeze buttermilk for future use.
Never again let half a container of buttermilk go to waste (it will last up to three months frozen). Just be sure to measure out how many tablespoons of buttermilk there are in each ice cube. When you’re ready to use in a recipe, just thaw and add.
21. Freeze greens to add to smoothies.
Using raw greens in a smoothie is nice, but can take some extra work (and make for some weird fibrous mouthfuls) in the morning. Try cooking your greens first, puree in your food processor or blender, and freeze in ice cube trays. When you’re ready to make your smoothies, just pop in a couple green ice cubes.
- Republicans have presented a spending plan that doesn't include funding for the border wall, stalling a signature Trump campaign promise.
- Former Italian lawmaker Luca Volonté, has been charged with laundering money from a European dictatorship.
- Fox News anchor Kelly Wright and 12 other current and former employees are suing the network for racial discrimination and harassment.
- Get ready for nonstop live video on Twitter. The platform is aiming to stream sports, news, and entertainment 24/7 📺📲