Calendar from Ideachic.
WHAT'S IN SEASON
(This will vary depending on time of the month and where you live. April moves fast!)
- Maple Syrup
- Brussels Sprouts
- Bok Choy
- Wild Dandelion Greens
- Spring Onions
1. Spinach And Artichoke Grilled Cheese
April 12th is National Grilled Cheese Sandwich Day. Celebrate in style. Find the recipe here.
2. Parmesan Bread Pudding with Broccoli Rabe and Pancetta
This would be great on a rainy April day. Find the recipe on Bon Appétit.
3. Green Pea Salad With Radishes And Feta
So many fresh things in this salad. Find the recipe here.
4. Spring Sandwich With Radishes, Anchovies, And Cheddar.
5. Turtle Brownie
Seriously decadent. Find the recipe here.
6. Pan Fried Salmon With Lemony Dill Dressing
7. Spring Pizza With Fava Beans, Asparagus, And Egg
Any spring veggies will do. Find the recipe here.
8. Creamy Sunchoke Soup With Fried Parsnip And Mushrooms
9. Chicken Tikka Masala
10. Chickpea And Dandelion Greens Salad
Citrus brightens up this salad. Find the recipe here.
11. Quinoa And Lentil Salad With Asparagus, Mint, And Haloumi
Haloumi is a great firm cheese for fresh salads. Find the recipe here.
12. Vegan Mac And Cheese With Peas
13. S'mores Sandwich Cookie
It's almost summer, so you might as well start eating s'mores. Find the recipe here.
14. Garlic And Herb Halibut With Scallions
15. Steak With Balsamic-Caper Vinaigrette
Grass-fed beef is especially tasty. Find the recipe here.
16. Wheat Pappardelle With Ramps And Pecorino Romano
Ramps inspire cult-like behavior in people. Find the recipe here.
17. Carrot Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
Because why not? Find the recipe here.
18. Spicy Peanut Noodles With Garlicky Shrimp
19. Maple-Mustard Glazed Pork Roast
20. Watercress Citrus Salad With Olive-Caper Vinaigrette
21. Spring Vegetable Risotto With Poached Egg
Find the recipe on Bon Appétit.
22. Slow-Roasted Carrots With Lamb And Spring Onion Dressing
Using lamb as a dressing is an interesting approach, and it doesn't look too complicated to make. Find the recipe here.
23. Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins With Greek Yogurt
Healthy AND good. Find the recipe here.
24. Maple Glazed Chicken Kabobs With Jalapeno Salsa
25. Stir-Fried Sesame Bok Choy
26. Rhubarb Tart
Rhubarb will start in late April or early May, and this is the first thing you should make. Find the recipe here.
27. Goat Cheese And Asparagus Scrambled Eggs
Perfect for a spring brunch. Find the recipe on Food And Femininity.
28. Maple Miso Tofu
29. Nettle-Mushroom Frittata With Pine Nuts
30. Fiddleheads And Chives With Quinoa Pasta
Fiddleheads definitely look strange, but when thrown in pasta they taste delicious. Find the recipe here.