2. If you could get enough neighborhood kids together, Red Rover, Red Light Green Light, or some simple Freeze Tag were the way to go.
7. See who could hold their handstand (and breath) the longest.
8. You could dive for these…
10. At some point you’d hear those dulcet tones.
11. And, fingers crossed, they’d have your favorite frozen snack in stock.
12. You’d eat these by the handful.
13. Pickup games of backyard softball were the best, complete with makeshift bases.
16. The highlight of the summer was when you got to take a trip to the water park.
18. (Where, of course, you’d stuff your face with cotton candy, corn dogs, and elephant ears.)
19. When you were ready for a fight, you were either filling these bad boys up.
20. Or arming yourself with one of these.
22. Your day wasn’t complete without at least a few scrapes or grass stains.
- A newly unearthed Homeland Security report contradicts Donald Trump's travel ban, saying country of origin is not a reliable indicator of terrorism.
- The White House blocked several media outlets it's been critical of, including BuzzFeed, from a closed-door briefing by Press Secretary Sean Spicer.
- Hillary Clinton returned to the public arena in one of her first political appearances since the election, urging Democrats to "keep fighting."
- The White House strongly denies reports that Chief of Staff Reince Priebus urged the FBI to undermine stories linking Trump to Russia.