2. If you could get enough neighborhood kids together, Red Rover, Red Light Green Light, or some simple Freeze Tag were the way to go.
7. See who could hold their handstand (and breath) the longest.
8. You could dive for these…
10. At some point you’d hear those dulcet tones.
11. And, fingers crossed, they’d have your favorite frozen snack in stock.
12. You’d eat these by the handful.
13. Pickup games of backyard softball were the best, complete with makeshift bases.
16. The highlight of the summer was when you got to take a trip to the water park.
18. (Where, of course, you’d stuff your face with cotton candy, corn dogs, and elephant ears.)
19. When you were ready for a fight, you were either filling these bad boys up.
20. Or arming yourself with one of these.
22. Your day wasn’t complete without at least a few scrapes or grass stains.
- Siege at Bangladesh cafe ends with 20 hostages dead, military officials say. Six gunmen were killed and 13 captives were rescued.
- Votes are being counted after Australia went to the polls in an election that could mean big things for marriage equality and the Great Barrier Reef 🇦🇺
- The Obama administration, which has been notoriously secretive about its drone policy, said drone strikes have killed up to 116 civilians.