1. ABC News Australia has released a clip from a 1974 interview with science fiction writer Arthur C. Clarke (co-writer, 2001: A Space Odyssey), in which he makes some pretty accurate predictions about the future of technology.
The reporter brings his son and asks what life will be like for him in 2001, when, he guesses, he will be “better adjusted to the world you’re trying to portray.”
3. So what does Arthur C. Clarke predict?
4. The home version will be much more compact.
5. This console will give him access to everything he could possibly need.
6. Most importantly, none of this will seem like a big deal.
7. And when the reporter asks about the social ramifications of living in a “computer-dependent society,” Clarke is optimistic.
8. Watch the whole thing here.
- In case you missed it: Trump and Clinton roasted each other at a charity dinner and it was awkward AF 😬
- It's not just you. A massive attack has brought down major sites like Twitter and Spotify for some users in the US.
- A Mexican judge has approved the extradition of drug cartel leader Joaquín "El Chapo" Guzmán to the United States.
- People are trolling Eric Trump for apparently getting caught putting lemonade in a free water cup at In-N-Out.