1. ABC News Australia has released a clip from a 1974 interview with science fiction writer Arthur C. Clarke (co-writer, 2001: A Space Odyssey), in which he makes some pretty accurate predictions about the future of technology.
The reporter brings his son and asks what life will be like for him in 2001, when, he guesses, he will be “better adjusted to the world you’re trying to portray.”
3. So what does Arthur C. Clarke predict?
4. The home version will be much more compact.
5. This console will give him access to everything he could possibly need.
6. Most importantly, none of this will seem like a big deal.
7. And when the reporter asks about the social ramifications of living in a “computer-dependent society,” Clarke is optimistic.
8. Watch the whole thing here.
- The Pentagon is repealing its ban on transgender people serving openly in the U.S. military.
- Donald Trump secretly listened in on phone calls at his landmark Florida estate Mar-a-Lago, sources tell BuzzFeed News.
- Ready for the U.S. presidential election in November? It's #TurnUpToVote week at BuzzFeed and you can register here 🇺🇸