SNL has announced that comedian and writer Michael Che will take over as co-anchor on "Weekend Update" in this upcoming season, and for everyone who loves funny things, this is VERY GOOD NEWS.
Why, you ask? Let us tell you.
1. First off, he's been killing it on the stand-up circuit since 2009.
2. Forcing us to face the truth about our favs.
3. Failing to relate to the youths.
4. Confronting prejudice head on.
6. His take on gentrification puts every other insight to shame.
7. He's not afraid of bringing in his personal experience from the Lower East Side — bodega culture included.
8. (Again, see for yourself.)
9. He's been an actual treasure on The Daily Show, like when he forced anti-immigration activist Jim Gilchrist to think twice about what he was saying.
10. Or when he discussed the Dos and Don'ts of the Second Amendment with Jordan Klepper.
11. Or when he figured out the safest option for black men in America.
12. If you don't follow him on Twitter, you're missing out.
13. He's blunt.
14. He's forthright about possibly controversial opinions.
15. He knows the exact right way to use social media.
16. And he's always keeping tabs on his haters.
17. His Comedy Central special proved that he really ~gets~ the struggle.
18. Plus, he's been flaunting his chops as an SNL writer for the past year.
Remember the Josh Hutcherson video of the cramped dancers on the subway? That was Che.