1. Myth: "Omg, L.A. is soooo obsessed with frozen yogurt."
2. MYTH: "Los Angeles is all about tiny lapdogs."
Look, Otis and Wally were adopted. They are not lap dogs, but pit bulls.
These pit bulls were adopted in Los Angeles with the help of Angel City Pit Bulls. Two tough-looking canine Angelenos, looking for love no more.
3. Myth: "LOL, everyone in L.A. drives a Prius."
Check this out: Many Angelenos don't own cars at all.
4. MYTH: "No one uses public transportation in Los Angeles."
5. MYTH: "Everyone in Los Angeles works in Hollywood."
6. MYTH: "All the chicks in L.A. are blondes."
FACT: These are 11 girls marching with the Los Angeles Unified School District All-District Band. None are blondes.
7. MYTH: "IRL, it never rains in L.A."
8. MYTH: "Angelenos don't read."
9. MYTH: "Los Angeles is crawling with Scientologists."
These are people praying at one of the oldest churches in the city.
10. MYTH: "All Angelenos are gym rats who are super obsessed with their appearance."
11. MYTH: "God, everyone in Los Angeles gets soooo much Botox."
12. MYTH: "People in Los Angeles are so rich."
13. MYTH: "Everyone in L.A., like, totally talks like a Valley girl all the time."
All these people grew up in Los Angeles.
Eva Mendes. Ice Cube. John Cho.