1. When she thinks a man won't understand what she's saying, she simplifies her language to make sure he does.
2. She holds men to exacting standards, and punishes them when they fail.
3. She sets traps into which she knows men will fall.
4. She knows how to put a man in his place.
5. Even if her comeback is terrible, she will still attempt to put a man in his place.
6. She knows that sometimes, the best way to make a man look foolish is to agree with him.
7. Occasionally, when a man has disappointed her, she knows it may be best not to waste her breath.
8. She takes "I have a fiancé" to new and more insulting levels.
9. She reveals womanly truths like they are daggers to the male gut.
10. She doesn't let men get away with things.
Including the semi-anonymous men sitting next to her on planes.
11. She comes up with excuses not to talk to men.
12. She knows her own amusement is more important than what a man has to say.
13. She has been threatened by a man, and she has Binaca'd that man in the face.
14. She knows her strength.
15. She calls 'em like she sees 'em.
16. She recognizes men's flaws.
17. Yes, she had to have the big salad.
18. BOW DOWN
This post originally stated that Elaine pepper-sprayed Joe Davola, but as a commenter noted, she actually used Binaca because she's resourceful like that.