BoJack Horseman is a Netflix original animated series that tells the story of a washed-up equine actor named BoJack Horseman (Will Arnett), his memoirist Diane Nguyen (Alison Brie), his cat agent Princess Carolyn (Amy Sedaris), his pothead roommate Todd Chavez (Aaron Paul), and his good-natured nemesis Mr. Peanutbutter (Paul F. Tompkins). It is both hilarious and full of jokes you probably didn’t even see because they went by so fast. Below, please find a list of these jokes, for your chuckling convenience:
1. Person magazine, TV Guru, and Eighteen.
“7 Reasons Your Skin Is Gross” may actually be a feature in Seventeen.
2. Plus the album Trot This Way.
3. The author blurb on the back of Diane’s Secretariat biography.
“Diane currently lives in Los Angeles with a dog.” I mean, sure.
4. LOOK AT HER EMAIL ADDRESS
Who has AOL anymore, nguyenistheloneliestnumber?
5. The igloo picture!
Pinky the penguin is getting in touch with his roooooots. This is a joke, of course, because emperor penguins live in Antarctica, not the Arctic, and anyway, Pinky (Patton Oswalt) is from Cincinnati.
6. Princess Carolyn drinks catnip tea.
Gettin’ that buzz.
7. Princess Carolyn reads Birdo magazine.
9. People shop at Lululemming.
The mannequins are lemmings.
10. Presumably you saw the elephant urinating in the crocodile’s mouth outside Elefante.
But take an extra moment to appreciate the crocodile’s hands.
11. Sticky Pink is the grossest possible name for a cotton candy cart.
If you’re taking that as a dare, by all means, tell me a grosser one.
12. There’s a yappin’ logo in the car.
Yap your maw off.
13. That tattoo says “Me gusta.”
Think about that.
14. This guy’s tattoo says “HABLO ESPANHOL.”
The other guy’s neck tattoo says “guapo.” Conceited much, neck tattoo guy?
15. That muffin has a top hat!
Not really a joke, just super cute.
16. “The Misprints”
A classic horror punk band.
17. “Has-been hates troops, looks fat”
18. Mr. Peanutbutter is drinking out of a dog bowl.
WITH AN ORANGE SLICE ON THE RIM.
19. One of the con artists is trying to con the bird who’s blackmailing BoJack.
He had it coming.
20. Princess Carolyn’s treadmill neighbors are inspiring and the opposite.
What is a sloth doing on a treadmill anyway, I ask you. Also, the little mouse she’s chasing! Honestly, P.C. might be more motivated by a laser pointer.
21. The news anchor is named Tom Jumbo-Grumbo.
Definitely naming my whale that.
22. Behind Neal McBeal the Navy SEAL is a rabbit buying CARROTS.
23. No one in Los Angeles can tell Jons and Vons apart. In BoJack, you don’t have to.
Welcome to J’VON’S. Check out the meerkats.
24. The ticker tape on MSNBSea is a cry for help.
“I WANTED TO WRITE NOVELS, YOU KNOW.”
25. Outside Princess Carolyn’s office is a headshot of Jon Ham.
26. In addition to her scratching post, Princess Carolyn has catnip on her desk.
Is it appropriate for the workplace? Maybe in the high-flying world of celebrity representation.
27. BoJack eats Wheat Lumps.
28. “The Beetles” broke up.
A Hard Shell’s Night is one of their worst albums.
29. BoJack and Sarah Lynn hit up the Santa Monica Pier for the gull wrestling.
Sarah Lynn (Kristen Schaal) is a terrible influence.
30. You can ride the merry-go-round with horses that have hands.
31. Sarah Lynn’s mother reads a magazine called Parenting?
32. Hipster lemurs bring ~party chains~ to the party.
Also 50-layer dip, which is not a bad idea.
33. Hipster lemurs bring a sex doll to the party.
35. Design Within Reach gets a more appropriate name.
+ quail babies outside awwww.
36. Excess Hollywood is probably right.
Hosted by A Ryan Seacrest Type.
37. Sarah Lynn’s provocative music video was directed by D. LaChapelle.
38. There are crickets in the audience during BoJack’s standup set.
39. The moths are attracted to the floodlights. Moths love lights.
40. Zelda is frowning in the kids’ drawing on her sitcom, just like she always is in general on Mr. Peanutbutter’s House.
41. Strip club: GIRLS GIRLS GORILLAS.
Different strokes, man, and when I say strokes I mean the masturbatory kind.
42. They stock up on electronics at Beast Buy.
Surely you noticed this, but it bears repeating.
43. 8-Twelve has one-upped 7-Eleven.
44. This iguana’s name is Cecil.
This is not a joke necessarily, but his name is Cecil, so think about that.
45. “A TODD JO1NT”
Todd’s got a weed-infused Jell-O shot for a brain.
46. “Fuselagier” and “Scary Air.”
47. The really tall, shiny building to the right of Penguin is an e-publisher.
You had such dreams, penguin.
48. Diane sits on a stack of books in poor Pinky’s office.
The safe is empty. The plant is dead. The calendar has an igloo.
49. Nope. Yep.
If only phones had these options.
50. “Nosy Nancy Sights” and “Peeping Tom Tours” visit BoJack’s house.
51. This ferret’s sweatpants say “Squishy.”
Or is she an otter? Regardless, the girl on the left has a shirt that says “L.A. IS OK,” which is a shirt I would buy if any business adults are reading this.
52. LOOK AT PAUL REVERE
53. In addition to drawing balls on their dead father’s forehead while thinking he’s “wicked hungover,” the Nguyen brothers also write “Jeter sucks!”
He would have wanted that.
54. Diane’s brothers’ shirts.
BALL GAME. SPORTS. Plus a poster for the Boston Gloves. Later they go to drink at O’Drinkley’s and the bartender has a sports shirt that says SCORE.
55. Todd uses a Quacker Oats container as a face mask.
THE DUCK HAS A NECKCLOTH, LIKE A QUAKER. Or maybe a beard, it’s hard to tell.
56. Headline: NIXON MEETS THE KING.
Subhead: RECIPES FOR PEANUT BUTTER AND BANANA SANDWICHES EXCHANGED.
57. At Maggot & Sons mortuary, there is an ad for a coffin called “Peace LTD” with a corpse giving the thumbs-up.
58. The Piece of Shit Dad Package that is too good for Diane’s dad:
“No tombstone, no problem. No one will ever want to visit him anyway.” On the back of this pamphlet, two mourning doves ask, “Mourning?”
59. The fine print for the Piece of Shit Dad Package Would Be Too Good For Him Package.
“Get rid of the body, legally. / Seats up to 10, just in case some people care. / Complimentary dollar store cookies so your dad’s shitty friends can put them in their mouths and talk to you less.”
60. Todd bathes with the Fancy brand of champagne.
Little redundant, Todd, but let’s go with it.
61. Derek Jeter’s hat says “Just Jeet It.”
62. Diane’s dad’s truck is TRUCK2.
What a Boston license plate.
63. Are you flying Celibate or Smelta?
64. SADNESS airlines is actually a fairly accurate name for all airlines.
65. Two inmates are playing thumb wars while getting intimately searched by guards.
The guy on the left has a neck tattoo that says “STAB.”
66. BoJack climbs on top of a Beverly Hills store called Foie Gras.
The mannequins are ducks, which is actually kind of gruesome.
67. This “my other bike is a tree” asshole shows up again.
68. Another unfortunate pun.
69. All officers of the law should have names like this.
Officer Meow Meow Fuzzyface, sworn to protect and serve.
70. Jail scribbles.
“I miss u Sheelah.” “I did her.” “I’ll kill you.” Aw, Sheelah, what a heartbreaker.
71. BoJack and Mr. Peanutbutter had a knife-throwing contest, and also played competitive Twister.
And competitive Rubik’s Cube solving?
73. Diane and Mr. Peanutbutter play FETCH together.
Sweet. That email is about what Mr. Peanutbutter found in the park.
74. The opening credits takes the D out of the Hollywood sign.
Hollywoo is the name from now on.
75. The menú at Elefante:
Soups, Breads, Scraps, Entrées, and Jellies.
76. Jon Ham’s headshot gets replaced by Christina Hendricks’.
She is a chicken, presumably because she has big breasts?
77. Princess Carolyn’s medicine cabinet.
“Fang white strips.”
78. Lenny Turteltaub has a poster in his office for the classic film, The Good, the Bad, and the Bugly.
79. The posters at the Planned Parrothood office where BoJack goes with the hooker he got pregnant:
Abortion and deluxe spa weekend is only $60! Hopefully both this and Preggers magazine are a real thing, right, ladies?
80. After the FME/Vigor agency merger, one man wets his pants, while a slug commits suicide by salt.
“GOOD LUCK REDUNDANCIES!!”
81. Protestors after Herb Kazzaz is outed have on-point signs.
“2 men kissing makes me uncomfortable” captures the heart and soul of every anti-gay poster.
82. BoJack’s old agent has posters for Catsablanca and Dances with Wolves on the wall.
83. This goat loves the Goatful Dead.
84. Parrotmount Studios.
Old Hollywood glamour.
85. This is what the ’80s looked like.
The “That’s So Reagan” store celebrates our former president’s turn as the human star of a chimp picture; it also features “trickle down savings.” Somebody is outside the Cocaine Mirrors store with a Ewe-Haul. Coincidence?
86. The walkman store!
The door says, “Walk in a stereo slave, walk out with musical freedom.” Musical freedom, everyone.
87. RIP, disco.
88. “The Cola Wars are OVER.”
I’m sure several people still drink Tab.
89. This is what the ’90s looked like.
Llama cigarettes and pogs, “the craze that’s here to stay!”
90. TIME FOR CLINTON JOKES.
ALSO NIRVANA JOKES.
91. Beenie Babies: “Guaranteed to skyrocket in value!”
Spin Doctors family practice though.
93. When BoJack and Todd are plotting to break up Diane’s wedding, they have a DVD copy of The Graduate on the table.
A classic wedding-interruption caper with a successful ending. Right?
94. A BARFLY.
THERE IS A BARFLY IN THE BAR.
95. “Peanut Butter is one word.”
96. The sign again:
“Mr. Peanut Butter.”
97. There’s an escaped inmate at Diane and Mr. Peanutbutter’s wedding.
Where are the Latin Kings, that’s what I would like to know.
98. Wolf in sheep’s clothing.
That wolf could be trying harder but whatever.
99. Todd, eating a box of Sugar Humans, has connected Bigfoot, the Loch Ness Monster, and a UFO to the conspiracy against him.
Has any real person ever used pins to tie string to a wall in order to better understand a situation? This is a serious question.
100. In court, they said, “Yes, your Otter.”
101. The bank is Whales Fargo.
The sign on the wall says, “Compare home loan options TODAY. For the price of this: [small shell], You could have this: [big turtle shell].” Home loan options!
102. BoJack lives on Luck Hoof Avenue.
This is almost as silly as the idea of a Justice Drive downtown.
103. Mr. Peanutbutter’s poster says, “Smooth as butter.”
104. Shopping options include Bed Burrow & Beyond and Crate & Kennel.
105. The gas station is Oxxen.
106. Diane Nguyen’s PDF is called “ONE.”
107. The first item on the viral BuzzFeed list about BoJack is “Fritter Fanatic.”
Fancy seeing you here, BuzzFeed.
108. In addition to Quackers, the snack basket also has Parrot’s Booty.
109. Pinky’s mug!
“Keep calm and carry prawn.”
110. Mr. Peanutbutter has a dog bowl on his nightstand, a dog bone pillow, and a painting of slippers and a newspaper over his bed.
The comforts of home.
111. The crocodile is WEARING CROCS.
The world makes sense now.
112. On BoJack’s stereo, you can turn up the grit.
Also, the soundness.
113. Questionably credentialed Dr. Allen Hu practices offshore medicine.
Of course he does.
114. In BoJack’s family tableau, there is a box of cigarettes in the fruit bowl.
115. All the vacuums are vacuuming out each other.
Too smart for your own good, BoJack.
116. BoJack’s desktop has a lot of NOT_PORN.
And “LETTER TO MORON WHO WON’T PUBLISH MY LETTERS.”
117. Penguin Publishing is for rent.
118. Pinky is sitting on boxes now.
His mug: “World’s 3rd best dad.”
119. At the ghostwriters’ convention, Truman Capote is on the stage.
Also, there is an escaped inmate in the audience (neo-Nazi variety).
120. When BoJack is tripping, THE TAR MAMMOTH DAD POPS UP.
You look worried, tar mammoth dad.
121. Drug-version Diane has Mrs. Beaversworth’s syrup attached to her.
122. BoJack’s hallucination includes a news story with his nutball headline.
I can see the headline now: “Stupid BoJack Writes a Stupid Book about his Stupid Life, Nobody Cares.”
123. When BoJack hallucinates that he’s on set, there’s a copy of Horse magazine on the table.
124. BoJack’s dad’s tombstone says, “Patriot, patriarch, pony.”
He also seems to have a relative named SloJack Horseman, and another called Crossbred Horseduck.
125. Why would BoJack have a shaving kit in his bathroom?
WHO IS SHAVING.
126. BoJack throws shade at the Golden Globes.
We were all thinking this.
127. Beyoncé attends the Golden Globe Awards with Jay Zebra.
128. The Halloween in January store is right next to Barks & Nibbles.
129. The rhino is reading a magazine called Horn Hunks.
Also, getting her horn filed and polished.
130. Truman Capote is at the bar behind Vincent.
A Truman behind a fake man!
131. The new James Bond movie is called Goldhoof.
132. Lenny Turteltaub has a framed photo of himself and Charlie Chaplin on his shelf.
Turtles live for a long time. A really long time.
133. Sarah Lynn brings Andrew Garfield lasagna.
Andrew Garfield loves lasagna.
134. There is graffiti of a poop emoji on the wall of character actress Margo Martindale’s prison.
135. “Print Media Continues To Be A Thing!!”
Who’s writing these headlines?
136. Princess Carolyn has her own bowling gear.
She’s a cat. AN ALLEY CAT.
Pinky is from Cincinnati. An earlier version of this post misstated the penguin’s hometown.