1. New York drag competitions evolved from elaborate pageantry to vogue battles between the ’60s and ’80s.
6. But in the early ’00s, New Way and Vogue Fem developed in the underground ballroom scene and brought voguing back into the spotlight.
New Way is characterized by rigid movements coupled with “clicks” (limb contortions at the joints) and “arms control” (hand and wrist illusions, which sometimes include tutting and locking).
Vogue Fem ranges from Dramatics (which emphasizes stunts, tricks, and speed) to Soft and Cunt (which emphasizes a graceful, beautiful, easy flow). There are five elements of Vogue Fem: hand performance, catwalk, duckwalk, floor performance, and spins and dips.
8. The dance group Vogue Evolution was featured on America’s Best Dance Crew. They made everyone want to Leiomy Lolly!
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- DNC Day 3: President Obama dropped the mic with "Don't boo, vote," and vice presidential nominee Tim Kaine reminded people of their dads 👴
- Prosecutors have dropped remaining charges against Baltimore police officers related to the death of Freddie Gray.
- Twelve states will support Obama's transgender policies in court after other states sued to block the rules.