1. The Edible Woman by Margaret Atwood
2. The Defining Decade, by Meg Jay
3. Man's Search for Meaning, by Victor Frankl
4. Every book Malcolm Galdwell wrote ever.
5. The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success, by Deepak Chopra
6. The Joy of Sex, by Alex Comfort
7. The Power of Habit, by Charles Duhigg
Why it's bettering: Learn how you can hack your life and make habits that work.
8. Men We Reaped, by Jesmyn Ward
9. Franklin and Winston, by Jon Meacham
10. The Philosophy of Andy Warhol, by Andy Warhol
11. I Am Your Sister, by Audre Lorde
12. The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao, by Junot Diaz
13. The Bell Jar by Silvia Plath
14. Blankets by Craig Thompson
Why it's bettering: Get some tips about living life responsibly as a young adult (it is also very visually pleasing).