Marc Fennell is an Australian film critic, technology journalist, radio personality, author and television presenter. He hosts a variety of radio shows and podcasts, including “The Movie Guy”, in which he talks about recently released films.
Fennell wrote and recorded a brilliantly detailed and intensely hateful review of Transformers: Age of Extinction for his podcast. Here are some highlights from his review, which is honestly probably more interesting than the movie itself (note: not difficult):
6. “The most nonsense piece of shit released in 2014 so far.”
- Donald Trump's pick for treasury secretary, Steve Mnuchin, was grilled by Democrats over his time leading a mortgage company that carried out over 36,000 foreclosures.
- Senegal says it has sent troops into Gambia in an attempt to remove President Yahya Jammeh, who has refused to step down since losing reelection in December.
- Rick Perry, who famously wanted to abolish the Energy Department, said at his confirmation hearing to lead the Energy Department he now rejects "recommending its elimination."
- Been wondering why your friends now look like weird glamorous cartoons? That's thanks to Chinese selfie app Meitu. Say cheese 📸