4. Composting everything.
You know exactly what needs to be separated and that almost everything can always be compostable. You’re so good that you’ve almost eliminated plastic from your life.
6. Savoring Bob’s Donuts and Dynamo Donuts.
You know that if you ever find yourself on Polk Street after 2 a.m., you’re going to go to Bob’s for the glazed donut.
11. Redwoods, sequoias, and palm trees are our skyscrapers.
The “largest tree on Earth,” General Sherman lives in the Giant Forest in Sequoia National Park, just four hours away from the Bay Area. The tree weighs 2.7 million pounds, is 2,100 years old, and is 275 feet tall.
14. West Coast hip-hop, both the classic and the new, are the sounds you crave.
If you haven’t listened to the classic songs of E-40, Too Short, and, Mac Dre or newer artists like Iamsu or Clyde Carson, you need to start today.
20. Work was play and play was work.
The West Coast recently dominated Glassdoor’s second annual Employment Satisfaction Report Card by City. People in San Jose and San Francisco are some of the country’s most satisfied employees.
21. There may be fewer teams to root for, but that doesn’t stop fans from being super prideful.
If you ever find yourself at a San Francisco Giants game, be prepared to see nothing but orange and some of the most intense fans ever.
- Bomb threats were called into Jewish centers in at least 13 states today, making it the fifth wave of threats since January.
- The suspect in a Kansas shooting that left an Indian man dead thought he was shooting Iranians, and the FBI is investigating as a possible hate crime.
- The House Intelligence chairman denied that his call to a reporter at the behest of the White House would influence the probe of Trump and Russia.
- "Moonlight" won Best Picture at the Oscars, but they accidentally gave it to "La La Land" first 😳