1. Remember Yo?
If you already forgot (or managed not to hear about it), it’s the new app that raised over $1 million in funding and does nothing but send the word “Yo” to your family and friends.
2. And while some of Yo’s popularity has died down, there’s now a new app called Yo, Hodor trying to capitalize on the public’s fascination with the monosyllabic app.
Yo, Hodor was built in four hours by Tyler Hedrick, an iOS developer at Medium, who told TechCrunch he wanted to see if he could recreate the Yo app based on the popular character Hodor from HBO’s Game of Thrones.
3. Hedrick said that over 10,000 Hodors have been sent since its launch on Saturday.
4. Since most of Yo’s popularity has died down, Yo, Hodor might be the perfect replacement for those in Yo withdrawal.
- The Democratic National Convention starts today and it's already off to a rocky start. Here's what you need to know 🇺🇸🔔
- At least two people have been killed and 16 others were injured in a shooting outside a nightclub in Fort Myers, Florida, media say.
- Verizon is buying Yahoo's core business for about $5 billion, ending the web pioneer's run as an independent company.