1. Remember Yo?
If you already forgot (or managed not to hear about it), it’s the new app that raised over $1 million in funding and does nothing but send the word “Yo” to your family and friends.
2. And while some of Yo’s popularity has died down, there’s now a new app called Yo, Hodor trying to capitalize on the public’s fascination with the monosyllabic app.
Yo, Hodor was built in four hours by Tyler Hedrick, an iOS developer at Medium, who told TechCrunch he wanted to see if he could recreate the Yo app based on the popular character Hodor from HBO’s Game of Thrones.
3. Hedrick said that over 10,000 Hodors have been sent since its launch on Saturday.
4. Since most of Yo’s popularity has died down, Yo, Hodor might be the perfect replacement for those in Yo withdrawal.
- Top legal scholars will be filing the 1st major lawsuit against President Donald Trump's alleged business conflicts on Monday.
- "Welcome to the movement": Women's March on Washington organizers are working tirelessly to make sure first-time marchers stick around ✊
- Kellyanne Conway says White House press sec. Sean Spicer didn't lie about crowd size at Trump's inauguration. He gave "alternative facts."
- The New England Patriots are heading to the Super Bowl yet again. They'll play the Atlanta Falcons on Feb. 5 🏈