1. Remember Yo?
If you already forgot (or managed not to hear about it), it’s the new app that raised over $1 million in funding and does nothing but send the word “Yo” to your family and friends.
2. And while some of Yo’s popularity has died down, there’s now a new app called Yo, Hodor trying to capitalize on the public’s fascination with the monosyllabic app.
Yo, Hodor was built in four hours by Tyler Hedrick, an iOS developer at Medium, who told TechCrunch he wanted to see if he could recreate the Yo app based on the popular character Hodor from HBO’s Game of Thrones.
3. Hedrick said that over 10,000 Hodors have been sent since its launch on Saturday.
4. Since most of Yo’s popularity has died down, Yo, Hodor might be the perfect replacement for those in Yo withdrawal.
- Republican members of Congress face angry town halls flooded with voters opposing Obamacare repeal and other parts of the Trump agenda.
- Education Secretary Betsy DeVos defended the Trump administration rescinding transgender protections, despite reports she opposed the effort.
- Indiana police released chilling audio in the case two teens found dead in the woods — a voice captured on one of their phones saying "down the hill."
- Police arrested at least 10 people on Wednesday as they began clearing out protester camps at the Dakota Access Pipeline site.