1. Over in DUMBO, a small pasture has popped up and goats are grazing in it till 6 p.m. today!
4. …or get super up close and personal with them!
And yes, you can pet them!
5. The pasture, which is part of an installation by Andrea Reynosa, is “an exercise in art, agriculture, and urban design.”
6. While the goats are only here today, the clover fields will remain till the end of summer.
We reached out to Brooklyn Grange, the group looking for a new home for the goats who told us this: “We’re seeking out a nice home for them with plenty of grass, clover and other yummy things for them to chow down on. The 5 goats in our installation are being donated to a local educational farm, and will continue to live happy lives at pasture for years to come. Madani Halal has been a great partner on this project—they helped source and transport the goats for us, and they have also been helpful in seeking out an appropriate next home for the goats.”
- The Clinton campaign is trying to stop television stations from running a pro-Trump ad featuring Michelle Obama.
- A federal jury cleared the leaders of an Oregon standoff. The militia group took over a wildlife refuge last January.
- Countries from around the world have agreed that the Ross Sea in Antarctica will become the world's largest marine protected area.
- RIP — Vine says it's discontinuing its mobile app, effectively ending the 6-second video service 💀