1. Hiding your Sidekick underneath your desk while you hit up all your friends.
2. Or, learning how to use T9 on your *modern* Razr phone that all your friends were jealous of.
3. Constantly changing your Myspace top 8 to make all your friends happy.
Deciding who would be number one was the most painful but important decision you could ever make in high school.
4. Deciding which Fall Out Boy songs should be on your brand new iPod.
5. Getting caught passing notes or writing inappropriate things on your graphing calculator.
6. Writing your every gut-wrenching and real thought on your Xanga or LiveJournal.
…only to find it years later and wonder why you’d ever put your feelings on the internet.
7. Or alternatively, drawing all your feelings on Deviantart and trying to sell it.
8. Hiding in the library to play your Yu-Gi-Oh cards, with one eye on the door to make sure no adults caught you.
9. Perfecting your AIM profile so that it would show who you really are, deep down inside your dark soul.
10. Making sure you saved *at least* 10 customized away messages that were suited to your different moods.
11. Begging your parents for a digital camera so you could take the perfect mirror picture.
12. Printing out directions via MapQuest to get to your friends house and always forgetting to print out the return directions.
15. Sadly outgrowing Claire’s because it wasn’t as edgy and cool as Hot Topic.
16. Having to go to the library to do research because Google was still not a credible enough source for your teachers.
17. Going to Blockbuster and feeling the horror of seeing that someone had rented out your favorite DVD and you’d have to call every day and check until they returned it.
18. Making the trek to FYE to buy the latest Black Eyed Peas and Akon albums.
19. Listening to the radio on the weekends for the top 100 countdown.
You had the call-in number memorized just so could request “Umbrella” by Rihanna again.
21. Going to the your friends house who lived really far away just to play 20 minutes of Guitar Hero.
22. And if Guitar Hero wasn’t your thing, DDR definitely was.
23. Being caught with the same Hollister shirt as 12 other people on the same day — picture day.
- Two weeks until Nov 8, there is no shortage of election forecasts. BuzzFeed's data reporters break down what the numbers mean.
- Confused refugees question what's next as French authorities begin to clear out the Calais "Jungle" camp.
- Obamacare premiums will jump an average 25% in 2017, but federal officials say subsidies will keep costs low for most people.
- The first Gilmore Girls trailer is finally here and it looks like Luke and Lorelai are together 💛☕️