While pandas are one of the most beloved of endangered species on the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) Red List, a website that “identifies particular species at risk of extinction," there are other animals that need some love.
Here are some of those species ranging in endangerment status.
1. If you like belugas, you'll like the dugong.
2. If you like buffalo, meet the anoa.
3. If you like cows, get to know the banteng.
4. If you like wolves, you'll like the Santa Cruz Island fox.
5. If you like moths, you'll like the karner blue butterfly.
Conservation status: Endangered.
Found in: Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New York, Ohio, and Wisconsin.
Fun fact: The Karner caterpillar will eat only the beautiful wild lupine flower.