1. Hearing the Mister Softee jingle brings you both pain and joy.
3. No matter how sketchy the person is, buying an Italian ice is always worth it.
12. Manhattanhenge: the one and ONLY time it’s acceptable for everyone in NYC to stop in the middle of the street.
Twice a year, including once in the summer, the sun aligns perfectly with the grid system of Manhattan and you get views like this.
14. You can take fun summer fashion risks but no one will notice because it’s New York.
15. Free concerts that’ll remind you there’s always a price for everything: sweat.
Pharrell, Ed Sheeran, Jennifer Lopez, Talib Kweli, and Mobb Deep are just some of the few artists playing in the city this summer. And that doesn’t count the free music festivals like River to River or 4Knots.
16. Free things to do that you didn’t think were possible in NYC, like kayaking and stargazing.
17. Free outdoor movie screenings, complete with mosquitoes and a couple making out next to you.
Clueless, American Hustle, and Sharknado are just some of the free movies being shown across the city this summer.
18. Two baseball teams means double the amount of times you can watch a game and drink beer.
19. Rooftop bars, that match the number of floors they have to how much you’ll have to pay for a beer.
20. Stepping onto an air conditioned subway car is like stepping into heaven.
- It's Day 2 of the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia. Here's what you need to know.
- Three Qaddafi henchmen who are wanted for embezzling millions from Libya have been found living comfortably in Britain.
- ISIS has claimed responsibility for a church attack that killed a priest in northern France on Tuesday.