21 Gorgeous Sunrises You Should See In This Lifetime
Worth the early morning wake-up call.
Sunsets get all the glory. But sunrises are just as beautiful, if not more — provided you, you know, actually wake up for them.
Proof: Here are 21 insanely gorgeous sunrises around the world. Some are best seen from specific spots; others are great no matter where you view them — but all are definitely worth waking up for.
1. Kruger National Park, South Africa
2. Canyonlands National Park, Utah, USA
3. Mount Fuji, Honshu Island, Japan
4. Jaisalmer, Rajasthan, India
5. Great Wall of China, Jinshanling, China
6. Jasper National Park, Alberta, Canada
7. Masada, Israel
8. Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona, USA
9. Haleakala, Maui, Hawaii, USA
10. Cappadocia, Turkey
11. Angkor Wat Temple, Siem Reap, Cambodia
12. Orkhon Valley, Mongolia
13. Sahara Desert, Morocco
14. Koh Samui, Thailand
15. Cadillac Mountain, Acadia National Park, Maine, USA
16. Kausani, Uttarakhand, India
17. Echo Point, Blue Mountains, Australia
18. Kenya, Africa
19. Mekong River, Thailand
20. Taft Point, Yosemite National Park, California, USA
21. Iceland. Iceland. Iceland.
So yeah. Those are just the top sunrises in our book, but there are many other ones out there to explore. And, of course, the best sunrise is ultimately the one you wake up for in the first place.
Sign Up For The Bring Me! Newsletter!
The latest travel tips, off-the-beaten-path experiences, and inspiration delivered to your inbox.