This week, the legendary comic strip Calvin and Hobbes, by Bill Watterson, celebrates its 30th anniversary.
But what I love most about Calvin and Hobbes — aside from their profound observations about the state of the world — is their shared desire to explore it.
1. When Calvin gave us life goals:
2. And taught us the right way to make decisions:
3. When they both went all big picture:
4. And reminded us that beauty really is everywhere you look — as long as you open your eyes:
5. When Calvin blessed us with this wise M.O.:
6. And emphasized the importance of self-awareness:
7. And living in the moment:
8. When the dynamic duo taught us the pure joy of just hanging out:
9. And reminded us that going on an adventure is always a good idea — even if you don't know the way:
10. When Calvin demonstrated the power of perspective:
11. And reminded us to dream big:
12. And always (always!) travel off the beaten path:
13. When the pair showed us that it's OK — better yet, honorable — to go to great lengths for time in the great outdoors:
14. And also emphasized just how much our souls need that outdoor time. NEED.
15. In the end, we can thank these two spirited adventurers for reminding us that there's a big giant world out there, full of miracles and wonder, and there's ~always~ more to discover.