45 Valentine's Day Gifts For Your S.O. That Don't Suck
Buying the ~perfect~ Valentine's present is tough, so here are 45 ideas. You're welcome.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A customizable necklace with their name, birth date, and birth month flower, because getting jewelry with their birthstone is *so* overdone. Spice it up. Surprise them. *Wow* them.
2. A handmade Frappuccino bath bomb that looks so delectable, they'll want to take a bite. This gift combines two of their favorite things: a luxurious bath and the sweet scents of their favorite Starbucks drink, peppermint and mocha.
3. A Polaroid camera for capturing your memories together. This one has cool features that you won't normally find on other Polaroids, like a self-timer (group pics!) and auto-focus.
4. A suffragette puzzle that'll be a great addition to game night. It features the leaders of the women's suffrage movement, including Hester C. Jeffrey and Elizabeth Cady Stanton. Plus, it has a pamphlet with bonus information about the movement, so *you* can brush up on women's history.
5. A nightgown with floral print, so they can lounge in bed in comfort *and* in ~style~. Made of smooth satin, the fabric is lightweight and loose-fitting, which makes sleeping in comfier.
6. A bamboo serving tray shaped like a lotus flower. It's so unique, it'll definitely be the star of your romantic dinners together.
7. Love Poems by Pablo Neruda (my absolute FAVORITE poet — and maybe theirs, too!) if you want to woo them with sensual, erotic lines. It's like literary foreplay.
8. A eucalyptus bundle to hang in the shower (hook included!) for a refreshing and relaxing bath. The warm steam releases the oils and aroma, which can help open sinuses when they have the sniffles and relieve stress after a hectic day.
9. A compact mini fridge with a mirrored door that lights up, for keeping their facial serums, creams (and even a chocolate bar or two) nice and chilled. That'll save them the trek to the kitchen when it comes time to do their facial routine.
10. A custom portrait that'll turn a photograph of you and your bae into a digital hand-drawn illustration. You can customize the text and the background, and you can even send in two separate photographs of yourselves. The artist will combine them into one portrait!
12. A DIY fortune cookies kit that you could feed to each other, right after you make them ~together~.
13. An engraved music box because it's such a sentimental and thoughtful gift that it just *might* make the tears flow. Have tissues at the ready.
14. A significant "otters" art print for your cuddle bug who *loves* otters (who doesn't?!) and ~puns~. This gift merits an "OMG how cute!!!"
15. A super cute ceramic mug with a little surprise inside so you can imagine serving them hot coffee in bed and watching as they take a sip, look into the cup, and — peekaboo! — a cute little cat smiles back.
16. A half dozen makeup sponges for smooth and even makeup application. (It comes in an egg carton, because ~word play~.) Plus, they'll be impressed that you know what a "makeup sponge" is.
17. A Crosley record player so you two can slow dance to your wedding song. Plus, it has an AUX input, so you can plug in your phone to play something from Spotify.
18. A gift crate filled with ingredients to make their favorite Italian meals. You couldn't go to Italy this year, so why not bring them Italy?
19. A "my life would ~succ~ without you" succulent gift box, because really, what would your life BE without your boo boo bean? You don't even want to imagine that alternate reality.
20. A snack box filled with vegan chocolates and desserts, so you can get them something that's as sweet as they are.
21. A wineglass holder, because there's no better way to end a long day than with a calming bath and a glass of their favorite adult drink. Stick this one on your bathroom wall, and if you're nervous about accidents, no worries. It comes with a plastic glass.
22. A bath tray that you can fill with petals, chocolate, and champagne for a romantic soak in the tub. Don't forget to light some candles and play soft music to make it ~moodier~.
23. A moisturizing cucumber sheet mask for a little self-care sesh with your boo. Put this on, pour two glasses of wine, fill a bowl with popcorn, and put on The Notebook, or whatever their movie of choice is (Shaun of the Dead? I'm not into mushy romance, either).
24. A three-tier chocolate fountain, so you two can spend a candlelit evening feeding each other chocolate-dipped strawberries, aka the fruit of ~love~.
25. A two-tiered jewelry tray, so they have a place to rest their engagement and wedding rings when they retire for the night.
26. Bad Girls Throughout History, a book filled with stories and fun illustrations of badass women like Angela Davis, Cleopatra, and Josephine Baker to inspire your boo and remind them that you think they're equally remarkable.
27. A portable jewelry box, so they can take their bling with them wherever they go. This is a much better and super stylish alternative to stuffing jewelry in a ziplock bag when traveling. Those days are over!
28. A bath pillow for resting their head on during a long, luxurious bath. This one has multiple suction cups so it can stick to the tub without falling or shifting around.
29. A cushion cover that'll let them know you'll stick by them no matter what. In sickness, in health, in financial troubles, and *even* when they binge watch all of The Queen's Gambit without you. *Gasps*. NO. MATTER. WHAT.
30. A Conair lighted mirror for better illumination when they're putting on their makeup. Plus, it rotates 360 degrees and also magnifies, so they can really see ~all~ the details.
31. A pair of indoor fuzzy fox slippers, because they deserve to walk around in a cloud of comfort. Plus, it'll keep their tootsies warm during the chilly seasons.
32. A matching Mr. and Mrs. pajama set that'll commemorate the day y'all said "I do." Your wedding date and last names will be printed on the sweatshirt and pants, respectively.
33. A Starry Night paint by numbers kit for beginners complete with paints, brushes, and a canvas. You can finally fulfill their request of taking a painting class together from the comfort of your own home.
34. A pair of customizable socks with your face printed all over, so they'll always be reminded of you *wherever* they go.
35. An electric heating pad that'll warm their tootsies or hands during cold evenings. Plus, it's weighted, comes with three heat levels, and automatically shuts off after 60 minutes, so it doesn't overheat.
36. A stainless-steel tumbler to keep their wine chilled *and* prevent accidental spills with its air-tight plastic cover. No one wants wine on the rug, after all.
37. A gel nail polish kit that my roommate has and is *very* happy with it. It has everything they'll need including six gel bases, one top coat, and an LED nail drying lamp so you can treat them to an at-home mani.
39. A vanity stool that'll be a great addition to their vanity table. It has cushioned padding for extra comfort while they sit and get ready for date night.
40. An Urban Decay eyeshadow palette that'll bring out the ~sparkle~ in their eyes. This comes with eight shimmers and four mattes that are *cruelty-free* and *vegan*.
41. 100 Things I Love About You, a journal that you can fill with all the things you love about them, as well as reflections on your relationship and fond memories. This'll be a tearjerker, for sure.
42. A matcha kit for whipping up their favorite drink in the morning. This comes with a bamboo whisk and a can of 100% pure matcha from Uji, Japan, which is said to be stronger than a shot of espresso without the jitters and crashes.
43. A "don't go ~bacon~ my heart" matching mugs to give your boo who likes a good punny joke. This twist on this Elton John classic will make them go "awww" after howling in laughter.
44. A *kind of* romantic but *definitely* hilarious novelty toilet paper for anyone who isn't into mushy Valentine's Day stuff but LOVES a good laugh.
45. A cute panda heating pad that'll keep them comfortable through tummy aches, bad cramps, or sore muscles. It's filled with natural buckwheat grains, so you can microwave it to heat or put it in the freezer to cool. Plus, it smells like lavender!
Your boo seeing the ~amazing~ presents you got for them:
The reviews for this post have been edited for length and clarity.