1. You owned an unnecessary amount of makeup.
2. Finding random bruises on your body from trying new tricks.
3. You'd try to find time for homework, and just ended up bringing it to practice.
4. You had to wake up early almost every Saturday of the school year for competitions.
5. Your inconsistent and crazy schedule.
6. Your attempt to control a million kids running around during the summer for camps.
7. You had a ~serious~ rivalry between your team and the cheerleaders.
8. You owned an incredible amount of hair bows.
9. You had to learn a new routine every single week to perform at games.
10. You involuntarily knew the words to every current pop song.
11. Performing in the freezing cold at the end of football season.
12. You were sore all the time because you were literally ALWAYS. PRACTICING.
13. Anytime your coach picked out a hideous costume.
14. When you were good at the coreography and got placed in the back.
15. ...And when you didn't know the coreography and got placed in the front.
16. When another team had the same song as you at competition.
17. Spending every single Friday night performing.
18. Whenever anyone said you were a cheerleader:
19. But of course, some good did come of those toiling hours: you found your best friends.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!